“Not your typical Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest
Ranked #171 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The upkeep is good the rooms are clean but the service is less than average. Very slow to respond and often mislead. Management needs to get their act together. But other than the service it is a good place to stay for extended periods. One last point bring your own hot-stop the free internet is pathetic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eudaxmn

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The roads around the hotel are seriously confusing and since it was our first trip to Austin, we got lost. It didn't help that Google directed us to an address on the other side of town that turned out to be a muffler repair shop.
When we finally arrived, the hotel was pretty much average. The manager at the front desk was helpful, but the rest of the staff didn't seem to share her enthusiasm or energy. The room was OK, but we heard a good bit of noise from vehicles in the parking lot playing music at night. The room was clean. We were very grateful to have a room, because Austin's annual music festival was going on. The location of the hotel turned out to be very close to our business meeting location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank edk469
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel lot of time even for longer stay but this time i found this hotel like average. cost per day is increased but the facilities are same even less. Now they do not provide the filter in the room as soon as i found few of the cutlery items missing and even found that dish and bowels are not washed properly when i checked in into the room. I did not escalated this management when i was there. Also almost all old staff is changed and new staff always seems to be very busy.

Also wifi is very slow this time and i end up using my own hotspot from my mobile to use the wifi on my all devices.

so overall my room was bit smelly from first day and I feel that I lost the whole exp of staying on extended stay with all cleanness in the room and friendly staff.

But no complaint what they told they provided so no complaints as such.

Room Tip: Do not pay for wifi since it just give to 2-3 mbps speed and it is only for the one device from whic...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tushar K
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in and Check-out service by management was terrible. Forced me to pay full amount even though I had 20% discount. Did receive 20% back when I checked out but they could not provide me a receipt when I checked out. Inept.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Such a great hotel in that they allow large dogs. Loved the spacious room, the free grab and go breakfast in the morning, the friendly staff, and the sprawling green around the hotel to take the dog potty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

If you pay rack rate, you pay too much. If you buy cheap 3rd party rate it's a bargain but here is what to expect . Very difficult to find, strange high way turn off no lobby to speak of, no early check in, party of two get a queen size single bed unless you pay more, towels feel like sand paper, soap feels like cardboard , no shampoo or lotions, no daily towel change or bed made, grab and go breakfast is apples, oranges, cheap packaged muffins, cheap granola bars, coffee, instant oatmeal , if you wait picked over and not refreshed, no pool, no exercise room, no sauna, no restaurant, not close to downtown or UT. Plus side ; small kitchen with anything you need for 2 to store and/or cook food , clean, will not stay here again , cheap but no fun!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Arleen_Texas
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding our establishment, the roads can sometimes be difficulty to navigate. We do have staff on hand 24 hours to assist our guests that have difficulty getting here. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at asw2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I attended a 5 day workshop in Dripping Springs, and this hotel was suggested during the registration process. It was about 30 minutes from the workshop location, but the company had grabbed a block of rooms at a discounted rate. I did some research of my own, but couldn't find anything with a full kitchen (a must for me) that was cheaper. After booking, I started reading some reviews and got nervous for several reasons.
Location: others are correct. Just know beforehand that this place is rather difficult to navigate to the first few times.
Cleanliness: my room was really fairly clean. There was a big betadine-ish looking stain on the bathroom counter, but I wasn't concerned about it being dirty: it was just a stain.
Smell/Smoke: this was probably one of my biggest concerns. I booked a non-smoking room and really needed it to be smoke free. There was a hint of smoke in the lobby (it's not a smoke free hotel), but thankfully my room was clear. Just had that familiar hotel smell. However, the stairwells were not smoke free. There was a definite odor in there.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay there again unless I had no other options. It was okay for four nights, but wasn't as relaxing as I hoped.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to write your review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home and I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, our front desk staff will inform guests of proper smoking locations and we will also check non-smoking areas to ensure compliance.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at asw@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Downtown
Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - 6th St.
Northwest Austin
Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum - Capital of Texas Hwy.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Southwest? Share your experiences!