“Bucket list destination”
Review of The Moody Theater

The Moody Theater
Ranked #37 of 327 things to do in Austin
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

For a music lover, this was a lifelong dream. We went for two nights of Widespread Panic which sold out in minutes. The band understands the importance of this venue and that made it all the more fun. The venue seats only approximately 2500 and while they claim the floor is only 500, the venue has very lax controls over folks sneaking onto the floor. There were probably 1500 or more down there each night. We had one night floor and one night in the balcony. The balcony is Elizabethan and wraps around the venue very close to the stage. The capacity is small but the sound is amazing. I heard rumors about how much the sound system cost but regardless of the truth, the system plus the design of the theater makes for an incredible night of music. Any kind of music. I will go back to the Moody and if you go, you become and instant fan of ACL (and I was a long time ACL fan which is why the Moody was a bucket list event). If you love music, go see a band you like at the Moody and take it all in. It's a great experience.

There are newer reviews for The Moody Theater

Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a great venue!!! Not a bad seat in the house, and the venue overall is great!!!! Easy to locate in downtown Austin, and within walking distance of many hotels.

Plenty of restaurants, and not far off of 6th street, the pre-evening festivities were capped off with two nights of a great concert series by Widespread Panic last weekend.

The seats were a bit snug, but we really didn't sit at all. The drinks really aren't overpriced, and what I liked was that the mezzanine and upper balcony had plenty of space to mingle, grab a drink, and check out all the real cool pictures and memorabilia contained within the theater.

What I love about Austin, and especially this venue was that after our shows, they had a live DJ spinning up some music, and encouraging people to hang out and enjoy the venue.

I will definitely go back and see a show here!!!!!!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Saw widespread Panic there last night. We had never been there before and were pleasantly surprised. It's a cozy smaller venue, the sound is great and there's really no bad seat in the house. Glad we found it.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Also called Downtown Austin City limits (ACL) Moody Theatre

My wife and I recently attend a five-day conference in Austin. On our last night we all gathered at the Moody Theater (over 400 of us) where we had the entire theatre to ourselves. The entertainment was the Beach Boys live. This is a huge theatre and was very clean. The food was good but not exceptional.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I've seen several shows at the Moody Theatre and sat all over the venue. The last show I had the pleasure of seeing there was Jewel. The venue is constructed perfectly. There literally is not a bad seat in the house. While it's obviously bigger than a nightclub and smaller than an arena, you are able to get a small venue "feel". This is one of my favorite places to see an artist perform.

In addition to the seating, they have well run bars outside that offer a variety of beverages.

Love this venue and plan to frequent this establishment as often as I can.