“Great Staff”

SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #85 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Ron was our check-in person when we arrived at 11:45pm. He could se how tried we were from our trip and went beyond job to make sure we were comfortable. We were able to get a room on the first floor, the carpet was a little stained, but otherwise the room, kitchen, and bathroom was very clean. I was very pleased with my stay and staff there. I will use them in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank meljherron
SHSAustin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 20 May 2011
Great Staff

Let me first thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding you experience during your trip to Austin. I am happy to see that Ron was very helpful during your check in and was able to get you taken care of quickly. We strive to ensure each arrival experience is great and it looks like Ron was able to deliver on that promise. I will be sure to share these comments with him and the rest of our team as this is a great way our associates are recognized. Looks like you might be making another trip to Austin and we would love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Adam Kipple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I am a big fan of Springhill Suites and this hotel is generally up to par with the others that I have visited. The hotel and room are clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is well run. The breakfast was good, nothing special, but better than most continental breakfasts. There is a small business center available to you to get on the internet quickly. The hotel is located on the feeder of I-35 which makes it a great place to get around Austin. It's a quick 20 minute drive to downtown, and it's near restaurants grocery stores etc. so it's easy to stay there for a while. My wife and I stayed here with our 9 month old son. We traveled to the hill country an hour away. Even though the hotel was located away from the Hill country, the price, service and quality of the hotel was worth the extra 30 min drive for me.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jimthoma
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I arrived to check in about 11am (check-in time is 3pm) The clerk at the desk said it was no problem at all and got me checked in right away. He also offered helpful information about the hotel and the area. The room was very clean which is extremely important to me. The next morning when I went out to my car i had a flat tire. The manager (I forgot his name) actually came outside and changed my tire, now that is service. The hotel is a bit dated but it was very clean and had great service.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maverickjf50
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I wanted to like this place. The location is super-convenient to my customers' offices. There are plenty of good, inexpensive restaurants nearby. The lobby is pretty attractive, there's a free breakfast, and the rooms are spacious. They even have a small indoor pool. What's not to like?

Well, about those rooms... Mine had a distinct, weird odor. I didn't notice it when I first got there (probably because it was very late and I was exhausted), but the more time I spent in the room, the more noticeable and oppressive the odor became. Then I started looking around. Multiple large stains on the carpet. Stains on the beadspread. Stains on the walls. Yuck. If the owner and management don't care enough to keep their rooms in better condition, I'll be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank OaklandJeff
AUSNE, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 5 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for the issue you experienced while staying with us. We take pride in ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel, but in this instance it appears we failed to live up to our mission. Please know we work very hard to ensure every guest room is 100% clean and inspected before guest arrival.

I personally want to apologize for this issue and ensure you it will not happen again in the future. If you are ever back in Austin I invite you back to give us another try. I will make sure your stay is perfect.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2010

When I went to the Springhill Suites, my first impression of it was very positive. When I walked into my room, it was clean neat and had everything that I was looking for. That night when I went to go to sleep I noticed that my bed had an unusual odor and I found a hair inside the blanket, thinking that this was just the smell of industrial strength detergent and maybe it was my hair that I hadn't noticed, I went to sleep. About 2 hrs. later I started coughing and I couldn't stop, the smell of the bed was starting to get to me and I was starting to lose my voice. The next night I decided to sleep on the sofa bed. After that on the third day I checked out like planned that day and when I got home had was starting to feel sick and that night I went to bed with a fever. Which lasted for 2 entire days. In conclusion, the bed at that hotel made me sick and by personal experience I would never stay there again. Maybe the hotel staff had not changed the sheets ever since the previous guests stay which is unsanitary and horrendous to me personally.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank zkm518
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I want to apologize for the issue you had while staying at the Springhill Suites Austin North. We take our guest comments very seriously and make sure everything is corrected immediately. After every guest checks out we strip all linen from the room and wash in our laundry facility. We have recently had our chemical representative out to test and make sure all detergents are being dispersed at the correct levels and make any corrections as needed.

I personally would like to invite you back to stay at the property if you are in Austin again. Please contact me directly and I will ensure your stay is perfect.

Keller, TX
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Clean rooms, great staff no problem to report. Good nights sleep

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to know you experienced a nice stay while staying here at the Springhill Suites Austin North. As you noticed we take pride in being a very clean and friendly hotel and assure you that next time you are in Austin you will receive the same type of clean and friendly atmosphere.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2008

This is the second stay I have had at this hotel and I have to say I was a little disappointed. The hotel is easy to access off of I-35 but there is a Courtyard Marriott right next door. And now there is another Marriot chain hotel being built right next to it. So I imagine that during the week there is a lot of construction noise.

As is when we checked in this weekend the hot-tub was broken. I think they are working on it but there wasn't any signs saying when it will be fixed. The rooms are large but they do look a little run down. There were signs saying they are updating some of the carpeting in the rooms so I imagine there will be even more construction noise during the week.

The breakfast was a standard one with eggs, sausage, waffles and cereal. Plenty of parking and it what felt like a safe neighborhood. I don’t think I will stay here again since the price was high.

• Liked — easy to get to
  • Disliked — construction and run down
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)