“Great place to stay”

Ranked #88 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Kerrville, Texas, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed there recently and were SO impressed with the staff. They were beyond friendly, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. The room was spacious, we had a double suite with a sofa bed, and it had plenty of room. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We had a double suite with a sofa bed and it was spacious!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dana D
Carla_Montemurro, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Dana D,
Thank you for your 5 stars review!!!
Our staff is thrilled to know that you had an amazing experience and we were able to overcome all of your expectations!
Our veteran staff makes the difference because we love what we do!
We miss you! Looking forward to seeing you again!
Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here by mistake on a recent business trip, and boy what a mistake it was! My colleague was at another Springhill Suites in Austin South and I thought I was booking the same hotel.
There is no dining option within walking distance (unless you make a run across an 8 lane highway) and delivery options stop at 11. So the night I arrived my only option was a (really bad tasting) microwave meal.
The front desk wouldn't let me pay with cash since I booked with credit card (they said my rate would increase if thy changed payment types) so I was left with $1,500 cash in my wallet. I thought I would keep it in the in-room safe, but alas there was none. This was even more disconcerting because the safety lock on my door was broken, forcing me to sleep with my wallet under my pillow each night for "security." I informed the front desk about the broken lock but it wasn't fixed during my 3 day stay.
Housekeeping also never made an appearance during my stay, and the miniature trashcans they have in the room were overflowing by the time I left.
Didn't get much sleep at night because of the parking lot and highway traffic noise.
Working out in the small, air-condition less closet they call a gym was drudgery and they were also out of the free earphones advertised in the gym.
The continental breakfast closed up shop a half hour earlier than promised one day so I didn't even get that after I sweat it out in the gym.
Honestly one of the most unpleasant hotel experiences I have ever had. Only thing that could have made it worse was if there were bugs or vermin.
This experience stung all the more because it was SXSW and there wasn't a single hotel in a 30-mile radius with a room available tht I could switch to!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Carrollkm
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed our stay. Our suite was clean, large and updated. The hotel breakfast was excellent. The only slight negative on the hotel is the location off the highway and outside of the city. A rental car is a must.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear minivanmom2,
Thank you for your 4 star review!
Our staff is thrilled you enjoyed your stay and highly rated our service as well as the cleanliness of the rooms. We love to serve and our genuine care shows how important our guests are! Just like family.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
St. Louis
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed at this property for a business trip in the area. The front desk employees were so friendly. The lobby was clean. The room was clean and fresh. The furniture all looked new or updated. There was a nice couch, flat screen TV in the suite area. The bathroom area was average. The breakfast was what I expected. They open at 6:30 am for breakfast, but much of the cold food was out earlier. I received a nice followup email after I checked out. I would return to this property.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear MarciaLynn4,
It was a pleasure having you as part of the family. Thank you for your feedback. We highly appreciate our guests’ feedback particularly our "road warriors" business travelers.
We are very happy you highly rate the comfort and the cleanliness of our spacious suites. Our veteran staff makes the difference with their personal touch. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the variety of hot and cold items of our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet and make it a healthy start of your day.
We are looking forward to hosting you again soon!
Cheers,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My mom and I stayed here for a family event. Rooms spacious and clean, beds and linens very comfortable, free breakfast above average. Staff extremely friendly and accomodating. Room included a microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dlb89
Dear dlb89 ,
Thank you for your 5 star review. Our staff would also like to thank you for being part of the family.
We thank you for the time to share with other travelers the quality of our recently renovated property and the cleanliness of our spacious rooms.
Our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet offers our travelers a fresh start of the day and helps you reduce your out of pocket expenses. We are glad you appreciate us!
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon
Tx
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This hotel is really geared for the business traveler. The king size bed suite is tight and compact. It would be crowded for two people. The buffet breakfast offers a lot of variety and is well attended. Good location, clean facility.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bjcTx
Dear bjcTx,
Thank you for your perfect review!!! As a road warrior we truly value your feedback.
We are glad you were able to enjoy the comfort of our spacious suites, the convenience of our location and a healthy start of the day by taking advantage of our full hot breakfast buffet.
We can't wait to welcome you back!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was in Austin for Work, and the location was nice because it was less then a mile to my office.
The grounds were well kept.
Reception was Nice.
Hallways clean.
Room was clean.
King size room quiet large.
Texas Shaped waffles, big breakfast selection.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Midnite L,
Thank you for a perfect review!! We are so happy you had a great experience at our beautiful hotel.
Our staff is glad you enjoyed our crispy beds, the comfort of our spacious suites, the unbeatable location and the delicious full hot breakfast buffet.
We can't wait to welcome you back!