“The staff set this family-friendly hotel over the top”

SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #94 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Reasons why my kids loved this hotel: free cookies and lollipops at the front desk, free breakfast with everything from oatmeal to fresh cut fruit to bagels to rice or sausage, the heated indoor pool (which we had all to ourselves because most of the other guests were there on business), a couch with a chaise lounge that my 5 year old used as a bed, and a nice flatscreen tv to watch cartoons on, and upon checkout, the personnel at the desk INSISTED they take a treat for the road (who can say no to an unexpected bag of M&Ms?!?).

Reasons why the adults loved this hotel: clean and newly remodeled with beautiful colors and comfortable beds, quiet nights, welcoming and friendly front desk clerks who seemed to enjoy their jobs and were actually interested in hearing the answer as to why we were in town, Angela (she oversees the breakfast) always had a smile and was eager to help to ensure we enjoyed ourselves, managers who come by to see if there was anything we needed, great affordable rates, easy to find location right off of I-35, and did I mention the FREE, filling breakfast with so many options that I wish we could have stayed a few extra days?

Can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a fantastic stay. The hotel and staff were top class. The staff were more than helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel for couples families or business travellers as it seemed to cater for all. All the facilities were modern clean and well maintained. The rooms were modern fresh and immaculate. The rooms were cleaned every day to an exceptionally high standard. Every time we returned to the hotel we received a lovely welcome from the front staff. All the staff team acknowledged the guests throughout the hotel. They were always positive and cheerful. Again a well run hotel with a fantastic team.

1  Thank 593Susan
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've just returned from the beautiful city of Austin and stayed in the SpringHill Suites Austin on Parmer Lane. The location was ideal for traveling between Downtown Austin and further afield to rivers, parks and springs.
The rooms were spacious and clean with Paul Mitchell products. The gym was quiet and well equipped for a solid workout. and the breakfast- wow! Freshly made waffles for the children and the best oatmeal and toppings for health conscious adults, amongst many other things. There is also the facility to pack yourself a bag of fruit etc. to take breakfast/ packed lunch away.
My son enjoyed the pool which was open until 11.00pm and also the free internet in the lobby. He also thoroughly enjoyed the freshly made, warm, melt in your mouth cookies that were freely available. As was coffee and flavoured water throughout the day.
But what made this hotel excellent? The staff. I've never encountered such genuinely friendly and helpful staff. They gave you the best greetings on entry to the hotel and throughout your stay. Rachel on Reception organised a hair appointment at a local hair salon (which was Aveda and excellent) and printed out a price list and very clear directions to walk there. She was brilliant and went way beyond simply finding a local hair salon. Peter on reception was adored by my son as he was always cheerful and full of fun and energy. The management were visible and very welcoming. We encountered no problems during our stay but feel we got to know them well as the manager and assistant manager were everywhere ensuring the hotel was perfect. In fact one time on leaving the gym the manager was beaming with pride that I had got up early and ran for 90 minutes on the treadmill, she made me feel great! I've never experienced customer service like that before. Her assistant was equally as attentive and charming.
I would highly recommend this hotel for value for money, customer service and making your trip that extra bit special.

2  Thank Nicola N
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was greeted by a young English woman, very professional and friendly. Check-in easy and quick. Went to my room and entered a beautiful, inviting room. Sea colors of sea green, blue and cream with classical music playing in the background. NIce little kitchen area, living area, bedroom, bathroom with the sink in another area. Alarm clock that had an iphone dock. Nice touch. I ran outside to get my laptop that I left in the car and the English woman quickly asked me if everything was good. Excellent Customer Service.
The next morning I went downstairs for breakfast. Baked goods very nice. Waffles good, potatoes good. Not sure what hotels use for the so-called eggs. Just wish they would just use fresh eggs and give us all a nice treat in the morning. Angela, the young woman who was taking care of the breakfast area was amazing. Her attention to detail, to the Customers, was impeccable. She took her responsibilities seriously. The Springhill Suites is lucky to have her. Angela was pleasant and full of smiles. She made sure every Guest had what they needed.
I have to say the entire Staff was wonderful. Pleasant and friendly. Every Staff member I had contact with had excellent Customer Service. I arrived April 5th and stayed one night.
Excellent Customer Service will bring me back every time.

Room Tip: I was in room 512.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Pros

1. We were greeted at the desk @ check-in with a free can of Guiness Beer for St. Patrick's Day! Needless to say the service is good and friendly.
2. Property is relatively new and the rooms are very clean and modern
3. Good location close to biz and places to eat

Cons

1. Walls are on the thin side so that the noise level was a little high

Would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Must say the check in was surprisingly good, we had stopped to drop off out bags as we came a few hours early but was let to check in. Location was not too bad, we went sight seeing around Austin downtown and hangout at 6th street in the evening - one of us skipped the alcohol (to be the dd) and it worked out very well for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Only my second review ever on Tripadvisor but felt I had to. I stay at hotels all over the Southwest USA on a weekly basis but have never stayed here before last week when in Austin. I can honestly say this is probably the finest service across the board from ALL staff for the three days I stayed. When my family joined me a night the staff were just terrific to our young kids, including going the extra mile at breakfast and heating the pool more so that the youngsters would enjoy it. Outstanding to say the least.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business