“What a college deli should be”
Review of Fricano's Deli

Fricano's Deli
Ranked #758 of 3,779 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I'm in town for a conference. Exploring the university, and walked in here for a late lunch. Good deli options, and the staff offered to assist. sandwich was excellent (turkey and pesto) and a staff member asked me how it was as I left.

There are newer reviews for Fricano's Deli

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Best sandwiches. Best service. Best crew. Best everything. I am so happy this place is thriving and getting the notice it deserves. They work hard and turn out great sandwiches, every single time. Tuna melt is to die for. Turkey reuben is dynamite. Everything's good. And they really will always remember your name.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I discovered Fricano's Deli when it was a tiny whole in the wall in the north campus area. The place was packed and the folks behind the counter ,with barely enough room to turn around , were engaged in what seemed like organized chaos! I asked about the reuben and was promptly told it was "the best in town". They were right and I was hooked!
Fricano's has moved to west campus and a more spacious location, but the food is still great and owners and staff as friendly and helpful as ever. The special varies every day, but I'm hooked on the Spicy Reuben unless the "Cubano" is available. It has to be the best Cuban sandwich west of Miami. On our most recent visit we were able to enjoy a few things the new location has to offer. One was parking near by and the other was beer and wine. In a town with lots of good sandwich shops this is my favorite!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Fricano's has fresh ingredients with a trend toward gourmet at times. Make the sandwich how you want it and they might even name it after you. Ask for the Linda and you can't go wrong. :-) The staff are awesomely friendly and the food is a strong contender for best sandwiches in Austin.

Been to Fricano's Deli? Share your experiences!