If your travels bring you to the area, this is a pretty solid hotel option. The "Arboretum" part of the name is a bit of a misnomer - it's close (5-10 minute drive), but definitely not walking distance. I've stayed in many HGIs before and this one was much more stylish than others I've seen, from the lobby down to the room decor.
They were able to check me in very early, and when I asked to switch rooms due to a endless vacuum-sounding noise (it wasn't housekeeping!), they accommodated me with no fuss. I ended up in a room at the back part of the property and it was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable.
My only issue: The parking lot was REALLY dark. Many of the lights were out. They share a parking lot with a Hooters-type restaurant (lots of tipsy people and noisy trucks), and I didn't feel particularly comfortable out there in the dark alone when I came back to the hotel at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Austin NW/Arboretum hotel which boasts an ideal location in the Northwest Arboretum while also giving you prime location to The Domain shopping in Austin. We offer complimentary WiFi as well as clean, spacious rooms to make you feel right at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Austin Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum Texas