“Nice place if you need to be in the area”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #38 of 200 Hotels in Austin
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
“Nice place if you need to be in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

If your travels bring you to the area, this is a pretty solid hotel option. The "Arboretum" part of the name is a bit of a misnomer - it's close (5-10 minute drive), but definitely not walking distance. I've stayed in many HGIs before and this one was much more stylish than others I've seen, from the lobby down to the room decor.

They were able to check me in very early, and when I asked to switch rooms due to a endless vacuum-sounding noise (it wasn't housekeeping!), they accommodated me with no fuss. I ended up in a room at the back part of the property and it was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable.

My only issue: The parking lot was REALLY dark. Many of the lights were out. They share a parking lot with a Hooters-type restaurant (lots of tipsy people and noisy trucks), and I didn't feel particularly comfortable out there in the dark alone when I came back to the hotel at night.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel - they're much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
CJ, Thank you for the feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have good news regarding the parking lot next door. They are getting ready to buld a brand new Papadeaux's restaurant that shoud help with the lighting on their side of the development.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I traveled 3 cities in Texas - Houston, San Antonio and Austin. Stayed all at Hilton properties - I must say I received the most 'bang' for my buck at this property. While this property is a bit out of the way for you downtown travelers, I think it is well-worth the drive as it is around the Arboretum area with plenty of shopping and action around. Downtown is a short 15-20 min drive away.

This property has a lavish lobby. Updated, modern and upscale rooms, pools and facilities. The lobby hosts a generous refreshments counter with coffee and treats. Check-in was painless, staff were friendly and I think the property is quiet considering it is so close to the main freeways.

Will visit again when I am next in Austin. Actually rooting for this property and will recommend anyone visiting Austin to consider staying at this HGI.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We really feel that Value is where it's at. We are not the cheapest hotel, but the service, cleanliness, and attention to detail is worth the money and we fell seperates us from our competition. Thanks agan.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised.
Pros: Nice lobby, staff very friendly, good quality free breakfast, free Internet, bed comfy, room has a modern and more stylish feel than other hotels in this category, nice TV, and very clean. In the evening they had complimentary coffee, tea, and other snacks available.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Edward, thank you for the great review. Glad we were able to "take you by surprise". Comments like that make us want to try even harder. Typically breakfast is not free at our hotel but a benefit you can receive as a high level Hilton Honors member and certain negotiated accounts. Glad that you found your breakfast of good quality. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Austin.
Boerne, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Recently, my friend and I stayed at the Garden Inn Arboretum, while in Austin for our children's sports event on a weekend. The wi-fi didn't work. We had issues with the alarm clock. We were under the impression there was a restaurant in the hotel, but there really isn't. The hot tub wasn't hot.
We were sadly disappointed, because I have always received consistent quality from Hilton. Breakfast was good, but not friendly. I would most likely choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience while you were here. Thank you for giving us the feedback so we can follow-up and correct anyting that may be wrong. I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are here.
South Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Everything was awesome except my personal opinion was that their breakfast cost far outweighed what they were serving you. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and willing to help, the pool and hot tub area were well kept and they had a great fitness room.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms in the back, you get a great view of the sunrise in the mornings. Also, if your...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
We missed it by 1/100th of a point. We have the capability to cook whatever you would like at breakfast. Next time just let us know and we will do everything we can to make it 100%. I appreciate the great commets. Thanks.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

This hotel has very clean rooms and the staff provides great customer service. I highly recommend this hotel for personal or business travel. Although the fitness center was small, there was a complete weight training set, two treadmills, and a stairmaster. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the great feedback. I am sharing these with my staff. We look foward to seeing you again. Thanks.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

We often stay at this hotel while visiting family in Austin. It's clean, comfortable, and has great customer service. On our most recent stay, February 15 through 17th, Ricky at the front desk was a huge help to us and we really appreciated it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Another great comment for Ricky from our guests. Looks like he is getting another high five. Thank you for letting everyone know about your great experience and so glad you found the hotel so clean. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel. Thanks.