“Fantastic One Night Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Although this hotel is not in the heart of Austin, it is a quick drive downtown and we thoroughly enjoyed our one-night stay.

The staff at the front desk was professional and quick to check us in. Our room was spacious and quiet. Even though the hotel is right off the highway, it is situated far enough back that road noise was minimal. The hotel appears to be quite new as the decor was modern and everything was new and clean. We had no complaints!

We did not partake in the breakfast offered by the hotel because it is overpriced and HGI breakfasts are generally mediocre, at best. We did get a bite to eat at the BBQ restaurant that shares a parking lot with the hotel and it was surprisingly quite good.

If you're looking for a Hilton hotel chain in the area, we would highly recommend this one because it appears to be newer and is quiet and clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Glad to hear you had a great stay with us. Please do try our breakfast next time. It is a reasonable $9.95 which is cook to order and also includes the buffet with fresh cut strawberries, melon, pineapple, and grapes as well as fresh oatmeal and fresh waffles. I know you will love it.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We came to Austin for our daughters graduation. However, I still had one item to get out for work. What I needed was help getting some attachments downloaded, edited and sent back, but I only had the hotel business center to use. The front desk staff, Ricky Rodreguez and Robyn Davis, came to my assistance so I could complete my work and get to my daughters graduation. Overall our stay here has been great. All the staff are friendly and helpful, the accommodations are very comfortable, and the seating in the lobby has been good for sitting and chating with our daughter.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

High fives go to Ricky and Robin. Thank you for taking the time to recognize each of these individuals. I will pass on your king words. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you with us next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed June 7-9 and as usual my husband and I were very pleased. This property is well managed. The rooms are modern and very clean. Love it here! The location is near restaurants, shopping, etc.You need to look carefully for the sign because it is tucked away behind a restaurant. Being tucked away is nice because you do not hear the freeway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Glad to see you are a repeat customer and glad to see we did not disappoint. Thank you for your repeat business and thank you for taking the time to let everyone know of your great experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Although the hotel is nice, I was concerned that there were no outside security cameras as my vehicle was broken into. My car was parked immediately out front of the hotel and noone was aware of the break in. I would be cautious of staying here. The hotel itself is clean, nice and a good staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so sorry to hear you were the victim of a break in. We do encourage everyone to not leave valuable in you vehicle regardless of where you are parking. We share a parking lot with the restaurant next door and they also encourage not valuables left behind.
On a better note, I am glad you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and we do hope you come back to see us.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Hilton Garden Inn has always been meeting my expectation in terms of cleanliness and service. Bed is comfortable. Bedroom is bright and always clean. I like the coffee / tea counter that they are offering to all guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Glad to see you appreciate the consistency Hilton Garden Inn provides. It really is a great brand. We just added the welcome water, coffee, tea station and everyone loves it. Try our new welcome snack next time you are here. Coming in July.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The Hotel itself was nice and clean, with a friendly staff that went out of their way to make guest welcome. The small bar has a limited menu, but the prices are very reasonable and the food is pretty good.

The beds were not to my taste. It's probably just that I could never quite figure out how to adjust the mattress. I tried several settings during my 6 night stay and it always seemed like the mattress sagged in the middle during the night and I ended up sleeping on the edges as not to sink in.

While this is in no way under the control of the hotel, the area around the hotel is a little rough. There are a lot of empty buildings, including two out of business restuarants that share the hotel parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the king comments regarding the staff and how you were treated. Every guest is so important to us and we try our very best to make sure everyone feels welcome. I'm sorry you didn't like the bed. This is HGI signature garden bed. If you have issues in the future we can always come up and help adjust the bed and check to make sure it is working properly.
Good news about the two empty restaurants next door. They will soon be torn down and a YUMMY brand new Pappadeaux's seafood restaurant will take their place. Look forward to this happening sometime in 2013.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed in Austin for 3 nights for a soccer tournament the staff went out of their way to help out with rooms and our teams. Had a great stay and the service was exceptional, I would recommend the Hilton to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

So glad to hear that staff took such good care of you. We really appreciate the feedback especially when things are exceptional. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks.