Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Breakfast included
US$742
US$666
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$124
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$204
US$182
All reviewsresearch blvdindoor poolthe staff was friendly and helpfulbusiness tripdefinitely stay here againclean roomsconvenient locationbreakfast buffetfront desk staffvery nice hoteleasy accessfitness centerbed was comfortablelobbyhgiarboretumkeurig
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed four nights at this property while traveling on business. The location is very convenient to shopping and restaurants, including the Arboretum. The property itself could use some updating, especially the rooms. My deluxe room was spacious but dark and looked dated. The dark gray paint on the walls didn't help! The bed was lumpy was well.

The service at the hotel was lacking. When I called the hotel to clarify its location, the young lady behind the front desk actually gave me wrong information. When I checked in I mentioned to her that the directions she gave me were incorrect, and rather than apologize, she became defensive.

Breakfast is available for a charge, even though I am a Hilton Honors member. The breakfast buffet was just OK and didn't change from day to day. By day four I was a bit tired of the same items. Service, again was lacking. Every morning I had to initiate requesting coffee, the breakfast attendnat didn't ask me. Again, by day 3 you would think that she would realize that I wanted coffee. In general, the employees at this proeprty don't seem to care much about customer service with the exception of the woman who works behind the bar in the evenings. She was a lot of fun and clearly enjoyed interacting with hotel guests.

The hotel is a good value, especially at the corporate rate we receive. I will most likely stay here again given its close proximity to my meployre and its convenient location. but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again if it weren't for those reasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Research Blvd. due to road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Equestrian01
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

After speaking with you directly, I know that you will be returning to the hotel in the future. I certainly do hope we get off to a better foot next time and that your stay is more enjoyable. I'm sorry you didn't care for the renovation we just completed. Keep you eyes open for more enhancements coming soon. We will be replacing all the furniture in all the rooms over the next few months. See you on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only thing I did not rate as satisfied or extremely satisfied is the breakfast meal. It was OK. It was almost $12 and the food "OK."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank davidhO9904JZ
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review. Looks like the staff took very good care of you while you were here. I'm disappointed that our breakfast fell short of your expectations. We do have buffet items but will also cook to order anything you would like. We hope to have you again the next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our second Hilton experience in Austin this year, and was head and shoulders above our other stay. I am not saying that the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown is bad, but this hotel was amazing. Fresh coffee and water with fresh fruit in the lobby 24/7 was a real treat. Clean, well furnished, and a very knowledgeable and accomodating staff. The breakfast was amazing. Especially helpful, warm, and friendly was Ricky. He helped make anniversary arrangements for us and I was blown away by his professionalism and kindness. I would recommend this hotel above any other. This was a true Hilton property, and we will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesV1985
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

James,
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. I will make sure that I share this with the entire team and especially Ricky. We thank you for trusting us with your special anniversary day and we are glad it was such a great experience for you. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I found the hotel to be very attractive, clean and well furnished. The coffee and other snack items available were enjoyed by my husband and I liked the hot tea. The breakfast selection was excellent and the staff was very polite and friendly. Our youngest son lives nearby and selected your Inn for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for the great comments. Since you have family in town it looks like we will be seeing you again. We look forward to being the guest bedroom when you come to visit your son. See you next time.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Ricky was exceptionally helpful and nice, He was friendly, and acted as if he genuinely cared and wanted to be at work. Refreshing from a world traveler. I felt welcomed, did not have to ask anything twice, was greeted with a smile, and asked if there was anything at all that I needed. Thanks- and ill stay here again! This place was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013

Blake,
Thank you for the great comment regarding Ricky. He is the real deal. So proud to have him on my team. We certainly look forward to having you again the next time you are in town.