“Clean and quiet”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #38 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Spent one night at this HGI. It was very nice and quiet location, back away from the highway. It was a bit hidden and I drove past it the first time, but it was exactly what I expected - clean, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review. We are so proud of our cleanliness and actually scored a 99% on our last Hilton inspection. We have a great housekeeping department and they take a great deal of pride in their work.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I commend the staff of this property. They were all very professional and helpful thus making our stay hassle free. Everything went smoothly from check-in and check-out. I will recommend this hotel as well as the brand to all my relatives and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for commenting on our great staff. Service is really what sets hotels apart and I think we have some of the best service in town. Thanks again and we look forward to taking care of you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Lobby is beautiful and relaxing. Great coffee and teas with special creamers and a nice breakfast with a chef to fix your special order. Bed was comfortable and the room was very clean and inviting. Internet worked awesome. What more could you ask for? Oh, yes, reasonable rates too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

So glad you enjoyed your stay and all the offerings on our Garden Table. We also have the fruit infused water and our signature welcome snack in the afternoon. Try it out next time you are here.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nicer than most hotels in this level. Quiet, spacious room. Free internet, both wireless and wired in room. Good value for money. I would definitely stay here again when in the Austin area. Probably the only drawback was that its a little tricky getting into the parking lot from Research Boulevard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the great review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you again. Next time you come keep an eye out for Bone Danny's restaurant. We are directly behind them. Also, there will be a new Pappadeaux's restaurant opening soon so keep your eye out for that one too.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed four nights at this property while traveling on business. The location is very convenient to shopping and restaurants, including the Arboretum. The property itself could use some updating, especially the rooms. My deluxe room was spacious but dark and looked dated. The dark gray paint on the walls didn't help! The bed was lumpy was well.

The service at the hotel was lacking. When I called the hotel to clarify its location, the young lady behind the front desk actually gave me wrong information. When I checked in I mentioned to her that the directions she gave me were incorrect, and rather than apologize, she became defensive.

Breakfast is available for a charge, even though I am a Hilton Honors member. The breakfast buffet was just OK and didn't change from day to day. By day four I was a bit tired of the same items. Service, again was lacking. Every morning I had to initiate requesting coffee, the breakfast attendnat didn't ask me. Again, by day 3 you would think that she would realize that I wanted coffee. In general, the employees at this proeprty don't seem to care much about customer service with the exception of the woman who works behind the bar in the evenings. She was a lot of fun and clearly enjoyed interacting with hotel guests.

The hotel is a good value, especially at the corporate rate we receive. I will most likely stay here again given its close proximity to my meployre and its convenient location. but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again if it weren't for those reasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Research Blvd. due to road noise.
1  Thank Equestrian01

After speaking with you directly, I know that you will be returning to the hotel in the future. I certainly do hope we get off to a better foot next time and that your stay is more enjoyable. I'm sorry you didn't care for the renovation we just completed. Keep you eyes open for more enhancements coming soon. We will be replacing all the furniture in all the rooms over the next few months. See you on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only thing I did not rate as satisfied or extremely satisfied is the breakfast meal. It was OK. It was almost $12 and the food "OK."

1  Thank davidhO9904JZ
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review. Looks like the staff took very good care of you while you were here. I'm disappointed that our breakfast fell short of your expectations. We do have buffet items but will also cook to order anything you would like. We hope to have you again the next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was our second Hilton experience in Austin this year, and was head and shoulders above our other stay. I am not saying that the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown is bad, but this hotel was amazing. Fresh coffee and water with fresh fruit in the lobby 24/7 was a real treat. Clean, well furnished, and a very knowledgeable and accomodating staff. The breakfast was amazing. Especially helpful, warm, and friendly was Ricky. He helped make anniversary arrangements for us and I was blown away by his professionalism and kindness. I would recommend this hotel above any other. This was a true Hilton property, and we will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesV1985
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

James,
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. I will make sure that I share this with the entire team and especially Ricky. We thank you for trusting us with your special anniversary day and we are glad it was such a great experience for you. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!