Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
Ranked #38 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was only our second stay in a Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately, our first stay was the 2 previous nights in a Hilton Garden Inn in NorthWest Houston. That hotel is rated number 1 of all hotels in Houston. So, we had great expectations for this place. While the location is great and the rooms facing the back are very quiet. This is a much older property and the rooms look like they have been at least partially renovated. However, some of the room cabinetry was chipped and the adjustable bed was not overly comfortable no matter where we turned the dial. The staff were not unfriendly but nowhere as willing to please as the people in Houston.

Management at this hotel may want to visit the NW Houston property to see how they can improve their service. The rates were higher at this hotel then in Houston so maybe the vibrant Austin market means you don't have to provide as much value as you do in Houston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I have to say that I agree with you about the furniture in the rooms. I have great news. We just installed all new furniture in the rooms starting in March. The next time you are here I think you will find our hotel just as nice, if not nicer than your favorite in Houston. Give us another try next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I enjoyed this hotel from beginning to end. They also had a great refundable ticket policy which is more fair than other sites I looked at before committing to this one. Perfect location for driving to and seeing the Austin sites.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phillip R

Phillip,
Thanks for staying with us. We are so glad you found our location so accommodating. We really are a great location for getting to all that Austin has to offer. We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

You get everything you expect at a Hilton Garden Inn with the most pleasant staff in the business. They were very attentive to the needs of me and my students. The Free Breakfast coupons were a nice touch and much appreciated. I also like the ever present lemon lime water, the cookies, and the hot chocolate instead of just tea and coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Theodore W

Theordore,
Thank you for letting us take care of you and your students. Everyone loves are fruit infused water and signature cookie. Glad you did too. Bring your kids back the next time you are in Austin.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. The mattresses haven't been updated in some time, and leave comfort something to be desired. If you like a comfortable bed this isn't your place. The location is great, and very easy to get to. Close to food, drink, and shopping areas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark B

Mark,
So sorry to hear that your bed was so uncomfortable. We have the signature Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System bed. It is adjustable so you can set your firmness desired. Sorry if that wasn't explained to you properly. I hope it is better next time you are here.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This was my first time at the Hilton Garden Inn. I enjoyed my stay. Breakfast cooked to order was wonderful. Staff was great with our children, who were participating in Special Olympics Bowling. I can't wait to come back next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tonyia B

Tonyia,
Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad that you are planning to come back. We had a few guests here for the special Olympics and we enjoyed everyone so much. We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is awesome. This is our third stay at this particular hotel. We have always had a wonderful experience. I have a son with special needs. The staff is always nice to him and willing to help me out in anyway. They even offered to help me get my items out of the car. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow, thank you for the great review. We are so pleased to be able to take care of our repeat guests. It's a testament to our dedication to all of our guests and what I feel separates us from everyone else.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I travelled to Texas in Jan '14 for the second time in 2 months with work, It wasn't the Hilton Garden I stayed in during my first visit so I was apprehensive as it was a 3 star in comparison to the 4 star on my first trip.
But it outshone the 4 start hands down! Great stay, a home away from home. The staff were extremely friendly and lived up to the Texan hospitality. Nicole at the bar or reception deserves a special mention, she was great!
The pool is very small and a bit cold but the jacuzzi is great, hot and great jets once you find the button on the wall to turn it on!
The breakfast was fabulous, a great choice and range of hot and cold food, from a fry to porridge to fruit.
There wasn't a restaurant as such but in the evening you could order from the bar menu and they would make t fresh for you i.e. Texan burgers etc.
Bone Daddy's bar is next door, where you get great beer and bar food with a great atmosphere.
Great for a business trip as it's located in the heart of Research Blvd but not great for a city trip.. approx 10 miles from downtown Austin

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VivA72

So glad that you gave us an opportunity and so glad that we didn't disappoint. High fives are coming to Nicole for taking good care of you.