Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area
Ranked #109 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Tallahassee, Florida
“great all around”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

close to many restaurants and major roadways. the room was clean, neat, attractive and quiet. the breakfast was perfect for either a quick grab and go or a sit down and enjoy type meal. very comfortable, staff made good recommendations on local restaurants. i'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
fairfieldinnaustinnw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the clean rooms and good breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Austin area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Located nicely on a major intersection of I-44, on the "campus" of two other Marriott properties, this Fairfield was the perfect match for our needs on the North edge of Austin. Everything was in order. Great staff, clean room, etc.,etc. Breakfast buffet was quite good and the staff was superb ( there were 4 or 5 youth teams staying there, so you can imagine the possible chaos) No problem for the Fairfield staff.
Large shopping center accross the highway, plenty of good restaurants also near. Easy on/off I-44 to head into downtown or north to Pflugerville and Round Rock. Recommend if you are in need of a nice hotel in North Austin.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
fairfieldinnaustinnw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for going on trip advisor to let everyone know about your stay. We have a wonderful staff that is ready to take care of the biggest groups or the business traveler that needs a place to work. We are centrally located to sports, businesses and shopping. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all of this. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have stayed at this property many times and keep coming back because of the exceptional care they show to me but also anyone else. They are patient and always kind from the front staff to the janitorial and always have a moment to help.

I've seen them wake someone up who's missing from a shuttle group, give great advice on places to grab food, and take personal interest in someone's well-being who looked a bit worse for the wear. This type of commitment to other people is rare even in the service industry and keeps me coming back.

Regarding the previous post on crickets, unfortunately this is an Austin problem for about a month every summer and this Fairfield is more cricket-free than almost anywhere else in Austin during this time period. Anyone who's been in the airport, any restaurant, store or office during their summer knows that crickets are an unfortunate way of life and I laud the staff for their attempts to control this plague of lucky crickets. :)

Thank you again.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant on premises.
1 Thank RhiannonSR
Thank you for staying with us while you are in Austin. We do everything that we can to make sure that every guest has the best possible stay. We are glad that you noticed and went on trip advisor to let everyone know. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Austin.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2012

What drew me to this hotel was the price. The quality of my stay will bring me back. My family of seven needs accomodations that can handle us all without breaking the bank. That is what I got. Here are the highlights in no particular order:

Why you might want to stay here: Good price, excellent customer service from helpful staff, free breakfast is tasty (my kids especially the Texas-shaped Belgian waffles), tons of shopping nearby (some of it is high-end), you can schedule a complimentary shuttle to take you to places you need to go that are nearby, the pillows are a mix of "fluffy" and "non-fluffy" to suit your preference, there's a nearby bus line that goes straight into downtown with no transfers needed.

Why you might not want to stay here: It's a ten-mile trip to downtown in some pretty ugly traffic, the rooms on the east side of the hotel face a railroad (It didn't seem particularly loud to us, but if you're a light sleeper, you might want to request a room on the west side of the hotel).

Other things to note: rooms are clean, wifi speed is average (In order to make it work, you'll need to login via a browser window in order to accept the terms of service), TV channel selection was average, suite size was avearage (spacious for a couple), hot water is very hot, beds are semi-firm, coffee maker and decent-sized refrigerator (no freezer) in every room. Some rooms have microwaves. Workout room and outdoor pool are small but sufficient.

In short, this is where we will stay if we ever travel to Austin again.

Room Tip: East side rooms face a railroad. The train does not sound it's horn as it is passing, but if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
fairfieldinnaustinnw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin Northwest/The Domain Area, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip into the Austin area. I will make sure that we have plenty of waffle mix and the shuttle ready for you, when you get here.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Dear fellow Marriott members,

Although the staff and amenities were great overall (especially the shuttle bus driver who took me to work each morning), a word of warning to those of you who don't like nocturnal visits from big bugs! Unfortunately, this location is infested with hundreds of crickets (the size of my THUMB!). Upon checking into my room on day one, I killed at least four large crickets and headed straight to the front desk, where they told me in no uncertain terns that this was "completely normal in Austin" (and that it wouldn't make a difference if I moved to a higher floor). That same night, another swarm of crickets fell from the built-in lighting fixtures from the ceiling over my BED!!! Yuck!!! I couldn't sleep all night and to make matters worse, another eight-legged visitor decided to pay me a visit in the breakfast lounge by my table the next morning. Can you say "Get an exterminator please???". Aside from the bugs, everything else was typical for a Fairfield Inn.

Take my advice: if at all possible, spend the extra $50 and stay at a decent Marriott, where hopefully,you won't be showered by falling crickets in the middle of the night! I'm sorry but I won't be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of bug spray or at least be prepared top cover your hotel doorway entrance with towels...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that the crickets in the hotel disturbed your stay. We work closely with a professional pest control company on a regular basis to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Unfortunately, due to a very mild winter in the Austin area, crickets in the city of Austin and not just our hotel but all of the Austin area are worse than usual. Again, I apologize for the experience you encountered and hope that you will decide to give us another chance in the future.

Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Nice hotel; good for the value. Free wifi & free breakfast. Rooms are clean. People friendly. Had no issues.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very nice, clean hotel. I used Marriott Rewards points to book a room when traveling to TX to visit my grandchildren. Rachel, who welcomed us at the front desk, told us she had given us an upgraded room-a suite. This was a nice surprise that we hadn't expected! The breakfast offered good variety including eggs, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, assorted pastries, fresh fruit, juices, cereals, etc. The rooms include free wi-fi. The only downside is that trains run a short distance from the hotel which sometimes led to noise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family