“Great Out-of-the-Ordinary Fun”

City Running Tours Austin
Ranked #3 of 45 Food & Drink in Austin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: City Running Tours allows you to explore Austin in the most unique and fun way.. By offering a variety of casual running tours at reasonable prices, we allow you to bypass the typical tourist traps (segways, buses) in favor of a tour that feature the city's hidden gem attractions in addition to it's most famous landmarks. Visit popular sights like the Capitol Building, Driskill Hotel, and Ladybird Lake on our Downtown 5k or sample some local brews on our beer-themed Texas Beer 5k. Our guides keep it fun and casual so you can take in the sites while learning about our Central Texas paradise. Sweat and sightsee with us at City Running Tours Austin!
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Out-of-the-Ordinary Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

You don't have to be a serious runner to enjoy this tour. Ours ended at a "pub crawler", a trolley-type bar, pedaled by the people on the tour. Great fun and easy, for all ages over 21! We will sign up again when our whole family is in Austin. Lee did a great job making certain everything moved smoothly from the run to the pub crawler. Interesting information about Austin too. What do you know about the moon towers?

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Austin, Texas
“Best 10K I have ever run!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

To be fair it is the only 10K I've run - but I can't imagine a better one. My friend and I ran the Black Star 10K that started near the convention center, passed by the capitol, UT campus, historic Hyde Park neighborhood and then finished at a local Co-Op brew pub.

As someone who does not typically enjoy running I can honestly say it was fun and a great way to experience the city. Our tour guide was very encouraging and helped keep everyone distracted with all the neat sights along the way. I would recommend giving Austin City Running Tours a try. I am looking forward to going again after New Years.

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
“One of the best tourist activities I've done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I live in Austin and just wanted to push myself to run more, but was pleasantly surprised by the new information about my city I picked up on the way. Our guide, Lee, was super encouraging despite the fact that my friend and I weren't seasoned runners, and made the tour fun even when it got hard to keep going. I'd never heard of running tours before, but I'll definitely be looking for them when traveling from now on. It was a great way to get some exercise while also seeing a city from a less touristy perspective.

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“Enjoyable Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

As an avid runner who also likes to imbibe hoppy, delicious beer, when I heard that city running tours not only provides a scenic tour of the city on foot but also ends the trip with a happy hour, I was intrigued. The experience did not disappoint. Lee, our guide, led us on a journey through the bustling city as the sunny Texas sun cast its expansive rays upon us. Lee was extremely engaging and thoroughly knowledgeable about the city's history. Even though i have lived in Austin since 2006, I still gleaned facts previously unbeknownst to me, especially about the Austin music culture. It was a fantastic day and I give Lee a big thank you for the experience! Five Stars

Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“Awesome time on a unique tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went out on a Downtown 5k tor this weekend and had a blast jogging with the guides and other runners. Not only were we able to see the city while getting a workout in, but I was able to learn a lot of fun facts and laugh as we did it. I've done the duck tours in Boston and Segway tours in California but this was the most unique by far. My tour guide Lee mentioned a new drinking duathlon that I will definitely check out soon. Completely worth the $25 I paid.

Visited November 2013