I was in Austin for a week-long conference, and felt bad for my friends who stayed at the group-rate but pricier hotel down the street. The Hampton is just a couple of blocks from Sixth Street, where we found tons of live music and unique bars. It was just across the street from Piranha Killer Sushi (A+), Fleming's Steak House, and a ton of other great restaurants. In fact, room service came from Fleming's and PF Chang's. I ordered from Chang's my first night. It was delicious, fast, and the prices weren't inflated at all from the Chang's menu.
I have to say, I love Hamptons, but this was far better than any Hampton I've stayed at. The building was beautiful, and the breakfast and happy hour were a huge improvement on others. The breakfast had even more selection than traditional Hampton breakfasts, and the happy hour, from 5-6:30 on weeknights had a decent selection of wines and beers. All in all, I loved everything about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown hotel is the perfect location to help you enjoy your downtown Austin activities. Austin is known as the 'Live Music Capitol of the World,' and we help you enjoy it by placing you right next to Sixth Street as well the University of Texas Austin and the Texas State Capitol. Our hotel brings a New Orleans style to Texas with our Bourbon Street style, fitting right in with the "Keep Austin Weird" theme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown Hotel Austin
- Hampton Inn And Suites Austin Downtown
- Hampton Inn Austin
- Austin Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Downtown Texas