“Go local”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I love supporting local non chain restaurants. I felt truly really rewarded for my efforts by friendly service, reasonable prices, quality ingredients, unique atmosphere, and great overall flavor.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had lunch there with a friend, things were fairly busy but we were seated quickly. I had The Metro, which was a crepe with turkey, swiss cheese, mornay, mushrooms, and sauteed onions. The crepe itself was tasty, but the mushrooms tasted like they came from a can, and the turkey did not have a fresh taste. Dessert was La Napoleon, a simple crepe with powdered sugar, Grand Marnier, and whipped cream. That was delightful. So it was a mixed bag regarding the food.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We walked in and attempted to sit at a table (4-top) and were told to please sit at one of the 2-tops (small rounds). Okay. We did. Only 2 other patrons in the entire place.

Server came to get our order - I said "so we can still have breakfast?" (it was 1020am - breakfast hours were listed 8am-1030am) Our server said "let me check" and came back and said "my computer says it's 1030 so I can't even enter a breakfast order." Really? My watch says 1020 and my phone says 1023. Again - OKAY.

Ordered - food was okay. Nothing special. Not the welcome, not the service, not the food.

Good concept - nice menu. Otherwise it all needs work.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Breakfast is often the highlight of my day (I know, sad) so I really value a good one. This place was only a four block walk from my hotel but in the heavy humidity that morning it felt like miles. I'd gladly go through that again for another chance to eat here. The service was friendly and prompt, the coffee very good, and the crepe delightful.

The place is small and funky, in a tourist-oriented area but not your typical touristy place. The menu lists about two-dozen varieties of crepes divided into sweet, savory and breakfast categories, but I suspect you can get any of them at any time. There is also an option to create your own crepe filling and several of the customers who came in after me did that. I opted for the combination of eggs, mushrooms, spinach, onions and Swiss cheese they call their Morning Crepe. $7.85. I enjoyed it immensely. Everything was nicely cooked and very tasty.

This place makes a nice change from the usual and a much less expensive alternative to the hotel breakfast menu.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

What a perfect day for a perfect breakfast! A cool Sunday morning and seating outside under the shade of an umbrella set the stage for an amazing meal. We parked next door at the Austin Convention Center Parking Garage because it's tough to find a parking spot in the area, even on a Sunday morning. It doesn't help that Cafe Crepe is attached to the Hampton Hotel where there are always cars coming and going.

We arrived around 10:15 and by 11:00 a.m. there was a line to get seated. Inside seating is very limited, with additional seating outside. There's lots of construction going on in that area so I can't attest to the noise or dirt during normal weekday work hours.

My husband opted for the standard breakfast crepe, while I chose The Eiffel off their Savory Crepe menu. Chicken, Provolone cheese, tomatoes, asparagus, sundried tomato pesto, mornay sauce and fresh basil = pure amazingness in your mouth. These crepes are delicious and quite filling. We really wanted to share a sweet crepe at the end of our meal but were disappointed to find we were both too full to try one. Ahhh, maybe next time . . . Also, I love how they offer regular and petite size coffee drinks -- for someone who wants to enjoy a coffee but doesn't want to fill up on one. I had a petite mocha which was quite tasty.

I can hardly wait to return to this fantastic restaurant!

1  Thank homeowner E

Been to Le Cafe Crepe? Share your experiences!