Brava House has a wonderful location and is a charming house, but beware if you book the Casablanca or Monroe rooms as you won't be in the Victorian home, but in a new addition out back.
We were disappointed that after spending more than $400 for three nights, they charged for snack items in the room. I've been in the business and know it's good practice to greet guests with a free snack or tea and coffee. Everything in the room was priced, which seemed really stingy. If a 50 cent bag of chips is going to make or break your business, you're in trouble.
We didn't read the copious fine print on the confirmation email, so we were also disappointed to learn that even in high season weekday breakfasts were contintental - and not as good as a mediocre hotel offers. There was no cream for the coffee, only a small pitcher of gray soymilk. We asked if there was anything else, to which Robin just said, "No, sorry." Then she went back to reading her paper. The first morning there was no juice, but the second morning the orange juice was so old it was fermented. Breakfast was so skimpy we were hungry an hour later. The third day we skipped it altogether and went out, adding to the cost of the stay. Plus, who wants to eat the same exact thing every day for breakfast on vacation?
The room was beautiful and clean, but the bed was very hard and the pillows were lumpy.
People expect gracious hospitality with the B&B experience, but sadly we found that lacking at Brava House. Perhaps they are approaching B&B burnout?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Austin's only downtown B&B nestled in a quiet historic neighborhood boasting some of the best walking in town. Surrounded by restaurants and shopping, Brava house offers the best of both worlds: quiet serenity, in the heart of all Austin has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Brava House Bed And Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brava House Bed And Hotel Austin
- Brava House b&b
- Brava House Bed And Breakfast Austin, Texas