Hilton Austin
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$160
The Driskill(Austin)
US$280
US$252
  • Restaurant
Habitat Suites Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$137
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$317
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,944 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe executive loungeliberty taverngreat locationtacowithin walking distancenice hotelself parkingattending a conferenceroom servicesixth streetbars and restaurantsnight lifeheart of downtownvalet servicelive musicbusiness trip
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I've stayed at this hotel for about 4 nights each month for the past 2 years. The service is slowly declining. In fact this may be my last stay here. I checked in using the online check-in provided to HHonors members. The room selected for me by the system was 2557 which I gladly accepted since it is on the HHonors floor. Upon arrival at 4:30 pm on a Sunday, the front desk person told me that the room had not been cleaned and it sounded like they had no intention of cleaning it. Imagine, the system selected the room for me and I had already checked in, but they did not clean the room. I was told I could have a room on the 26th floor, but it is inconvenient to the Honors Lounge (have to go up and down the elevator, can't use the stairs since the doors are locked). So I asked them to get me a quiet room (already mentioned when making the reservation) on the 25th floor. I get the key and see that the room is on the side of the hotel that is always loud and the hotel knows it. I tell the guy at the desk and he miraculously finds me a room on the side of the hotel that I wanted (even though just a few minutes prior to that he told me there weren't any rooms available facing that way on the 25th floor).

I also mentioned to him that I thought service had declined at the hotel in the past 6 months or so. I told him that the HHonors Lounge food had gotten worse and that things were not replinished at breakfast. The people that work in the lounge are extremely nice, however they are understaffed.

When I got to my floor today, there were room service items all up and down the hall. You can tell some of them were from breakfast. And when I got to my room, there was a housekeeping person in the room replenishing the minibar. Why on earth would the desk not know that the room had not been completely cleaned?

Anyway, I'm here for 4 nights this week, but may not be back. There is a W Hotel opening in December and I may be switching over to them. We'll see. . .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
HiltonAustin, Front Office Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry about the service inconsistencies that you experienced during your most recent stay. Unfortunately, because of the anonymity, I can’t look into the specifics of the error in the process of the online check in. It appears to not have worked properly since it normally sets the room aside for you and places it in a specific status that alerts us someone has picked a room. It does not appear to have worked in this case since I can’t find anyone assigned to 2557 on Sunday. I would love an opportunity to look into this situation so I can ensure this does not reoccur in the future.
I am sorry for the other issues you experienced as well. At the front office, we will use your interaction at the desk in our pre-shift meeting as a training tool to improve. The other departments mentioned in your comments have also been given feedback and will take the appropriate measures to correct the issues. Again, I am sorry but thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 October 2010

I was in town for business, and this hotel had great service, right next to the convention center, and the staff was great. The internet speed was adequate. Everything you need to be efficient as a business traveler is right here.

Reviewed 17 October 2010

We have stayed at nearly every 4 star hotel in down Austin and this one holds up to the best. It's pool area is outstanding although it could use a little maintenance. The spa and especially the gym are among the best we've encountered although they charge $10 a day for use (which actually is a pretty good deal). The rooms are well appointed and the beds are comfortable but probably not quite at the Westin level. The location for downtown activities is outstanding and just an easy taxi or bicycle rickshaw (preferred) ride to almost any club or restaurant. Now for the bad and potentially really bad news. As you will read in other reviews this hotel is a magnet for college age guests who have no regard whatsoever for other guests. We were unlucky enough to get a room both next to and across from partying students and until about 3AM our stay was a living hell. After multiple attempts security evicted one room of guests and got the situation under control. The second visit to the rooms SHOULD have come from the Austin Police Department. They really need to handle these situations MUCH QUICKER. The next morning was very apologetic and did make concessions on our bill. Although I like the hotel, based on this experience and in good conscience I recommend it with reservations. On the other hand and with a little luck in room location you could book this hotel and have a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We spent five nights here in Oct while my husband attended a conference. The location next to the conference centre suited him perfectly. The staff were helpful at all times and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had our young son with us and he loved swinmming in the rooftop pool each day. The only possible down side was that the hotel charged for internet access in the bedrooms. This seemed a bit extreme as the starbucks cafe in the lobby provided it for free.

Reviewed 15 October 2010

stayed here with my friend for ACL 2010.
great location.... we took public transit in from the airport for $1.00!
check-in was seamless, room was quiet and very comfortable. the only odd thing was there was no mini-bar or fridge.
front desk staff (christina) was very helpful.... arranged bike rentals for us when the whole city seemed to be sold-out.
lobby bar was a little too chill for us, but the nightlife was only a few minutes away.
we had massages one morning in the hotel spa -- we recommend the pool & hot tub area. thanks AUSTIN, we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends