“Loved this place!!!!”

Ranked #17 of 36 Austin B&B and Inns
Lubbock, Texas
“Loved this place!!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We absolutely loved loved loved our cabin. We stayed in the smaller cabin and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Would recommend this place for sure!!!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We rented out the largest La Bodega cabin for New Year's for my annual girlfriend get-together. I am really in two minds about this place. Once you get there, and get over the fact that you are in fact sharing one room and you have to drive down a very very steep hill that you sometimes can't get out of to get there, the place is clean, brightly colored and cosy. However, from looking at the pictures on the website and reading the descriptions, it was not immediately apparent that it would be only 1 large room with 3 beds in a large futon in it. Oh, and also? It's someone's converted garage. There is a "kitchen", but there is no hob, so you can't cook.

Because we chose Lost Parrot over renting a house further out from Austin and paid a higher price, we were a bit shocked when we arrived. It's not that what is put on the website isn't true, it is just that it doesn't make easily apparent what the situation actually is. For example it is not clear what a "efficiency kitchen" is, or what constitutes a "privacy divider" I think the owners would still be able to attract lots of business even if they were to make the website clearer about what the facilities and rooms actually were like, maybe even a floorplan would have been helpful. I think it just helps to set expectations accurately. Oh also, WiFi doesn't work in the La Bodega cabin, so you don't actually get free Wifi access.

We were there on a weekend where the owners were away, so a friend was looking after the place. He tried really hard, and I felt really bad about complaining why the cabin was not what we expected, but it just kind of felt like the poor guy didn't really know the place and didn't know what to say or do. Because we already paid, we kind of had to put up and get on with it, which is not a nice start to a vacation that all of you have saved up for.

Seriously, if we had known what we were in for, we probably may have chosen Lost Parrot anyway for its location over other full-sized cabins/houses further north, but it would have been really nice to make an informed decision and tradeoff for the price, rather than feel that we were duped into it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank TexasGirlfromLondon
Argyle, TX
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My wife and I had the most wonderful time. We were wanting a quaint, quiet and cute place to totally get away from the work week stress. Being very fond of Mexico and their culture and architecture, we fell in love with our Lost Parrot cabin immediately. The rooms make you feel like you are actually IN Mexico. The area around the resort is filled with local shops and eateries and can answer your every desire. The resort will always hold a place in my heart because it truly made my wife and I happy to be there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Lantana, TX
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Absolutely loved the cabin. It was private and had a beautiful treetop backporch. The service and hospitality of the owners is the best I have ever encountered. The rooms were very clean and decorated with the most amazing style. No doubt in my mind that I will return.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Girls weekend was the best at Lost Parrot Cabins. Loved every whimsical detail! Unexpected fun decoration detail everywhere you look. Super energizing! Cliff is the best host. The place is conveniently located to the lake and Austin downtown so had it all.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlexandraTexas
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We needed to get out;,,, get away... go somewhere and relax.
But, we only had 3 days.
Where to go ? the coast?? camping?? traffic, the heat.
Then, I thought of the Lost Parrot. I knew it was nice, but had never stayed there.
A cooler full of good food and drink, a twenty minute drive from south Austin, cellphone off, and truck parked.
3 of the most beautiful, peaceful days all year.
The deck, the hammock, the tree top breezes. The king-sized bed, the luxury linens.
I did not want to leave. Highly recommended !!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My romantic weekend getaway at the Lost Parrot was much more than I expected, and this comes from a gal that travels around. Unique, eclectic, and down home Texas friendly, this place is a destination for people who want to get away from the typical "lake crowd" and enjoy the peace and quiet of the country while sliding into the sweet and salty flavor of a Mexican beach cabana groove.

Fantastic Latin folk art, pool side music, super comfortable bed, and a stunning view of the Perseid meteor shower from the deck with an icy cold Pacifico in hand... .Let me tell you it does not get much better than this and only 40 minutes outside of Austin.

The owners Cat and Cliff made us feel like family, and it is obvious that they have created their own heart felt paradise to share.

I will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Lakeway
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Casa del Sol Bed and Breakfast at Lake Travis
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Lost Parrot Cabins? Share your experiences!