This review spans 2 different stays, September 2011 and 2012. My brother discovered the Lost Parrot Cabins during the Bastrop fires of September, 2011. He and his significant other stayed there for a couple of weeks until he was able to return to his home. (Thankfully his home was spared.)
It just so happened we wanted to throw our baby sister a 50th surprise birthday party so we thought why not just have the family meet up and stay where our brother was staying at the Lost Parrot!
First let me say that I love colorful, eclectic style so this place was love at first sight for me. Each cabin has a large, covered back patio/deck that looks off into a forest of trees giving the impression of seclusion. The cabins are spotlessly clean and all decorated with great care--full of Mexican art work, South American colors, tile and rugs.
Cliff turned the patio/bar over to our family for the surprise birthday party and we had a blast. A fridge, big screen, tables/chairs and stereo system worked out perfectly. We brought the food, wine, beer and birthday cake. We even had some entertainment later in the evening! In fact, it worked out so well we had our 2nd Annual Lost Parrot Party this past September 2012 and we hope to continue the tradition as it has turned into a bit of a "family reunion" and our family is big on the Party!
There is a really cool pool down the hill from the patio/bar area and a local band will show up on some Saturday nights. There are grills around most of the cabins and the pool area as well as several areas on the property with tables and chairs to just sit around and chill. Many interesting Mexican pieces of art scattered around the property make for a funky getaway right in the city.
Cliff and Cat are the proprietors. They are both laid back—sort of your sixties’ hippie-- and are very nice and accommodating. They work very hard to keep the place clean, neat and unique. Cliff got out his guitars and he and my brother joined up for a late night jam which was a nice way to cap off the evening.
The prices of the cabins are high--that will be the only downside to continuing our tradition of the family meeting up there each year. Other than that, it's truly a great little place for family reunions, girlfriend getaways, or just a romantic weekend to hang out in the cabin and sit out on the back deck enjoying the seclusion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lost Parrot Cabins is a mini-resort best known as a laid back getaway with artistic decor and lively ambiance -- Texas Hill Country lodging with south-of-the-border pizzazz "an eclectic hide-away that's true to the spirit of Austin." New: On-site hybrid/electric vehicle charging station ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Lost Parrot Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Parrot Cabins Hotel Austin
- Lost Parrot Cabins Austin, Texas