“No baby crib, $184 is too expensive for an average motel”

Sleep Inn & Suites N Austin
Ranked #58 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Sydney, Australia
“No baby crib, $184 is too expensive for an average motel”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very expensive $184 for an average motel
No baby crib
Average normal motel, there's nothing terrible but nothing special to make me go there again, just one of tens of motels around Austin

On the good side:
Clean
Good water pressure on the shower
The staff a the breakfast quickly refilled food after a mob of families (US locals) devastated the buffet station taken piles of full plates t(literally, they piled 3 plates each) to their rooms
Comfortable beds

Average:
Breakfast – enough to call it a buffet, but nothing special.
Room size
Noisy but not too much (but that’s to be expected being next to a highway)
Location, it’s a bit far from the city and traffic is quite bad to get to Austin

Bad
Price - $184 per night per room for an average road motel … quite expensive
No baby crib
Reception staff, we asked what is to see or do and they recommended not to go to the city due to the ongoing festival (?) then said there was no much else to do. They had no idea whatsoever of what to recommend to visitors (and you work on the reception of a motel?)
Minimum toiletries in the bathroom

Room Tip: Expect some background noise from the highway (as in most road-side motels)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for our weekend getaway and it exceeded our expectations. Within budget, easy to locate, clean, spacious for two and friendly staff. We stayed for two nights in a King Suite. The bed was comfortable and we got a great night's rest. I personally enjoyed the white noise machine built into the AC system.
The bathroom was sufficient for two. Plenty of counter space and hot water. The adjustable shower head was great for people who enjoy a softer or more intense water pulse.
Breakfast was a great assortment of grains, protein, dairy and fruit. I especially liked the Texas shaped waffle maker. We were visiting Austin and this hotel is about 20 mins from the Capital center. Plenty of restaurants and shopping up and down 35, in close proximity. We visited and did some shopping at the outlets of Round Rock. We had a great time, wonderful and cozy stay and would stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sol G
Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Our king suite was large and very clean. Friendly, helpful staff. The kids enjoyed a swim in the pool. Not sure if I was just exhausted from traveling, but we had an excellent sleep. It seemed like one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. As you can tell by my reviews, we have stayed in a LOT of Choice Hotels, and this was probably the best breakfast we have had! There were PEPPERS in the eggs! Thank you! One complaint would be lack of a hot tub, but as one reviewer pointed out, it is difficult to even find an indoor, heated pool in a Texas hotel. Secondly, although the hotel is conveniently located when traveling on the interstate, I did feel a bit sketched out by the dark parking lot & area of town when we were unloading/organizing the vehicle. But we didn't get broken into, so I guess it was all good. ;)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Canfamily_9
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 February 2014

What can I say! It's really great to find a hotel that is simply really good! Everybody knows that it's pretty much a crap-shoot when you book a hotel blind online, but, The Sleep Inn & Suites in Austin, TX really came through for us. Great staff, rooms were sparkling clean, the heater was nice and quiet for sleeping and oh man, the shower! A walk-in shower stall. Have never seen that before and with a shower head that will comfortably handle my tallness at 6'3"! Love this hotel and I will surely be back next time my travels take me to Austin. Good work everyone at Sleep Inn Austin. Thanx for a great night's sleep!

Room Tip: Hotel prices can always be lower. Hard to find a good room for under a hundred buck these days! No...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The breakfast was the best we ever had included at a hotel. The Texas shaped waffles, veggie omelet/quiche and home fries were great! The hotel was new and nicely decorated. Our king room could have been larger and since it is so new, I was surprised by the marks on the walls and furniture/vanity. I agree that a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway would be nice, but the noise didn't keep us up. We will definitely look out for more Sleep Inn's during our travels if they are all this nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole178
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Made a reservation to stay here as a stopover before my final destination. I was more than pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Interstate access was great. Excellent customer service! My room was beautiful. Continental breakfast was tasty. I would gladly have stayed there a little longer if I wasn't needed elsewhere. Good place to stay for extended days in the city.

Room Tip: Nice high ceilings in the bedrooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Fantastic, clean, new motel near Austin, conveniently located near I-35. The free breakfast was the best we've ever experienced in a motel or hotel. The real eggs (not powdered) selection, sausage, seasoned potatoes, etc tasted as if prepared by a gourmet chef. Clean and modern fitness center and indoor swimming pool, and clean and modern rooms with large flat-screen TV hanging on the wall. Friendly staff. Only minor drawback was the lack of a hot tub in the pool area; however, that drawback is off set by the fact that very few motels in the Austin area have indoor pools. Absolutely great stay and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phil E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Sleep Inn & Suites Austin
Sleep Inn & Suites Austin
#77 of 203 in Austin
Comfort Suites North
Comfort Suites North
#1 of 3 in Pflugerville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)
Homewood Suites by Hilton TechRidge Parmer @ I-35

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites N Austin? Share your experiences!