“Will always come back!!!”

Sleep Inn & Suites N Austin
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Austin
“Will always come back!!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love this hotel. Everyone is always so nice. I even love the breakfast bcuz they dont offer the same things everyday. They change it up. Also everything is very clean. The location is great.The staff are always friendly and even house keeping are friendly. We will always continue to come back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank joyce b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great hotel, new, wide hallways, quiet. Near a park which is great for running or playing frisbee golf. Easy access of highway. IHOP within walking distance. Room is large, beds were comfy. Nice large bathroom, fridge, microwave, large desk. Lower room taxes than by the airport. Breakfast was good however ends at 9:30am on Sunday. Great price and great staff too! Will return. We stayed on the third floor, even numbered room, and faced west. AC worked fine despite heat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, even numbered room, and faced west. Quiet room. AC worked fine despi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sentinel_Node
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived we had a hard time finding a place to stay within our budget due to me having to have heart surgery. They gave us a decent rate as we were going to be here for two weeks then our sons and my daughter-in-law was coming so we asked to get 2 rooms for them but they would not give them the same rate which was surprising as it was for my surgery. But they did accommodate us with rooms and allowed them a late check out on the day they were leaving. When we first arrived my husband had asked if they could clean our room early due to my health condition while we were out for lunch and he was told were not sure if they could accommodate us and that had us a little bit concerned and then for breakfast my husband had asked for a Tray to carry food back he already had together to the room as I could not leave the room that due to health reasons at that moment and he was just simply told to come back to the room and get the tray under the coffee pot which was kind of surprising as that's really not good customer service. He told the lady at the front desk his concerns on several things and she just simply just looked at him and said that's what they do. :(
But the next day after talking to
A gentlemen things changed a little bit. Our rooms were cleaned as needed but be sure and take your own tray to the breakfast area as there is no give on that : ) but the breakfast was the best we have ever had at any hotel. The lady running the breakfast was really sweet. We usually stay at a hilton or IHG brand due to comfortable beds but it did not work out this time due to cost.
The beds were hard and not very comfortable but the breakfast was great. :) and we did appreciate the medical rate.
Nice place overall

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank n s
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2014

When im in Austin this is the only place I will stay at. It has a great location. Just outside of the city so not too busy or loud. This is a new build so everything is in GREAT shape. The staff is new and oh so friendly. Great hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty average. Just depends on your opinion.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric K
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is very clean, and a pleasant surprise. We got a great value online. Excellent breakfast and coffee. The staff is very kind and helpful. Definitely will stay here again when we are back in the Austin area. The hotel is slightly north of Austin - right off I-35.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bridgenutt
Lindsborg, Kansas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel three nights in July while in Texas visiting our new grandbaby. We try to stay at Choice hotels as much as we can since I get a fabulous Kansas Farm Bureau discount and get to rack up Choice Privileges points as well.
Hotel is nice and well maintained inside and out. Always very clean, I never saw a mess. Indoor pool area looks clean, water looked very clear. We did not swim. There is no hot tub.
Our room had a King bed and sofa. Very spacious. Bed was excellent. Room was done in browns and blues as another reviewer complained--but I thought it was very nice and fresh and pleasing to the eye. We did have a room facing I-35 and if you listened for it, you could hear traffic, but it never bothered us a bit. Mini fridge and microwave in room. Nice big TV mounted on wall.
As many others have stated, one of the great things about this hotel is the breakfast. It is very plentiful. Waffles, fresh fruit (cut pineapple, watermelon, honeydew), real eggs scrambled, either plain or each day we were there, they also had scrambled eggs with a meat or pepper in them. Gravy, biscuits, bacon or sausage. Pastries. The orange juice was actually good and not that watered down junk you get at many continental breakfasts. Oh and real dishes and silverware to use for your breakfast. Dining area was spacious and clean, lots of room.
We stayed over the busy 4th of July weekend, but noise was never an issue day or night. Fast check out, not quite so friendly as check in--I was a bit surprised we weren't asked anything about our stay--but hey, we had a great stay, so whatever!
My only complaint: Non smoking hotel--hooray! Non smoking hotel that puts designated smoking area beside the front door, on both sides of it--not so great. I did not enjoy going through clouds of smoke into the hotel several times as people smoked right by the door. That just makes no sense to me. If management reads these reviews, and I would suspect that you do, I also really tend to stay in hotels where the manager responds to Trip Advisor reviews.. Makes me think they are looking and listening and always trying to improve. Just sayin'! We would definitely stay here again and had a wonderful and restful time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank pixiekansas
Tulsa
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Austin for a conference at UT and needed someplace close enough but not at crazy prices. I enjoyed the price and was happy with the distance away. It is located at the last exit before 290 east turns into a toll. It is an easy off easy on to get back into Austin and I-35. The receptionist greeted me and even notified me when the card was different than the one I reserved with. Great eye for detail. She gave me many suggestions for dinner. She was a great first impression of the hotel. She even asked if I was ok with being on the the 3rd floor.

The king suite that I had was large, roomy and clean. The bed was very comfortable with good sheets. Soundproofing may have been a bit overlooked as I could hear people talking outside my door. This could have been a problem if people in the hall were loud or there were children running in the hall. The guests around my room were good and quiet, so there wasn't any issues.

The breakfast was really good for being included in the price of the room. There was a cheese omelet, sausage links, ham, and make your own waffles. There was also cereal, pastries, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs.

There was an outdoor pool that was a bit small without a whirlpool. I didn't use this although it looked good enough. I don't know how much I would have liked traversing through the lobby to get to the pool.

Overall, it is a great hotel with a great price. It is close enough to 290 and I-35. I will stay here the next time I am in Austin.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MattyOOO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Sleep Inn & Suites Austin
Comfort Suites North
Comfort Suites North
#2 of 3 in Pflugerville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Round Rock South

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites N Austin? Share your experiences!