“TX Rowing Center”

Texas Rowing Center
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Helpful staff and nice dock for launching and returning. Parking can be a challenge if there on a nice day when hike and bike trail runners are also hunting for parking

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"ladybird"
"skyline"

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Fair prices, friendly attendants, lots of fun.

Stand Up Paddleboarding was fun. If you've never done it before, I recommend that you take your time going from kneeling to standing. A friend just went straight to standing, while I got my bearings first; he was doing fine for about a minute, then 'splash' he was in the water.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I went canoeing and it was so fun. The prices per hour were very reasonable! Most definitely an inexpensive way to experience the beautiful outdoors of Austin. I would definitely visit again!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Went with a 14-year-old and an 11-year-old one morning in August. The kids are from up north, so I wanted to give them some relief from the 100-degree temperatures. I couldn't believe how cool the area down by / on the lake is - at least 10 degrees cooler than the actual temperature. The lake is beautiful and calm - the current is weak so it doesn't much matter whether you go upstream or downstream to start. The kids were eager to try paddle boards, which they found very easy to use, whether standing, kneeling or sitting. (I had the same experience when we went back the next day.) We paddled all over: down past the Mopac Bridge, upstream past the Lamar bridge and up Barton Creek. Saw swans and lots of fish and turtles as well as lots of other paddlers and boaters. Service at the Rowing Center was great: friendly and helpful but mindful of safety and security (kids are required to wear life jackets; you can stow your purse behind the counter). The experience is so relaxing, especially in the heat of summer!