“Now THIS is more like it!”
Review of Lone Star Court

Lone Star Court
Ranked #6 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here over New Years, and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Where do I start? It has the authentic feel of a mini hill country resort, yet simple and casual. While the hotel has a rustic feel, the guest rooms are very luxurious with the best beds and linens I've ever slept on. The rooms are a bit retro and fun, with full size Smeg refrigerators stocked full. We took our bottles of wine from the room out to the communal fire pit where we met other guests doing the same and enjoying the relaxing evening. The next night, we went into the Water Trough Bar for absolutely AWESOME brisket tacos, craft beer, and live Texas style music. This place is a winner and a true departure from the cookie cutter alternatives. There is no room service, but plenty of food available at the Bar and the rooms are well stocked with food, snacks, and drinks in the honor bar.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out Live Music in Water Trough Bar, and relax around the outdoor fire pits. Also...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Marcus L, General Manager at Lone Star Court, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for the great Feed Back. I am very happy you enjoyed all the services of the hotel. Just an fyi... we are not against room service. It is something we are considering for the future!
Thanks again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I were visiting family during the holidays in San Antonio, and decided to have a mini getaway before New Years Eve. We have no regrets! While the hotel is new and has a few kinks to work out, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Our stay kicked off with complimentary drinks at the onsite bar. It had a great atmosphere with a very friendly staff. That was true of everyone that we encountered at this hotel. It's refreshing to receive great service with a smile that isn't forced. The hotel is located in a large shopping area with several restaurants and an upscale movie theater is only a stones throw away. We'd definitely go back!

3  Thank Kim M

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate the feed back and yes we do have a few kinks to iron out but I promise we are getting it done. Your experience is exactly what we are striving for. A feel of Texas and the outdoors. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here just last weekend after they had been open only 3 days. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highlights: firepit in the courtyard, live music Friday and Saturday night, smokey good brisket tacos in the bar, walk in shower, the landscaping and the overall retro Texas vibe. Will be back.

1  Thank TXsketcher
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Welcome to Austin Lone Star Court! We live in the area and decided to give it a shot, we were not sure at first but it certainly exceeded our expectations! It has a very cool and relaxed Texas vibe to it, from the decor to the shuttle, the rooms are clean and spacious, the restaurant /bar with live music and the fire place give it a nice cozy feel to it, the staff was very friendly and accomodating, we had a wonderful time and we will certainly come back!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marielena C
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed in Austin this past New Year's Eve and had a blast at the Lone Star Court. The hotel is in the "Domain" area of Austin, so I could walk to shopping and eating. There was a very European feel to the shopping around the hotel, but the hotel itself is Texan all the way. They even had a fire pit going outside. I was able to sit around the fire and watch the stars (which is a favorite Texan thing to do on cold winter nights). The staff there was so helpful making my stay really nice. The beds were FABULOUS! Clean rooms, helpful staff, great location, plenty of parking, comfy beds.........I will return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for New years eve and had a blast! the hotel has a lot of character including a 1954 buick as a shuttle, the location, the rooms and food are awesome! Thank you to all the staff for making my first experience a great one! i will definetly come back soon!!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank nenajal
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel not realizing that they had just opened. The rooms were very cool and the location good the hotel itself has a retro vibe that I enjoyed. The problem i had was with how very unorganized they were. I think they needed at least another two weeks to be ready for guests. I would like to come back and stay again in a few months as I feel there is potential for this hotel to be great but my stay was far from stellar this time.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank agrell
Marcus L, General Manager at Lone Star Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to Lone Star Court. I appreciate the feed back and do apologize for the delayed response. I do agree with you that the property has great potential and is beautiful. I am positive that we will be very successful and it is going to be fun and memorable to visit us. We are still working out some logistics but I promise we will have everything going great and organized very soon.