“Very Nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Texas
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I must say, I had my doubts. I couldn't imagine enjoying a motel patterned after a motor inn, but I was wrong.

The facility itself was quite nice. Not over the top luxury, but very respectable. Everything has a very retro vibe mixed with Austin chic. Hard to adequately describe, but it works.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were assigned a room on the second floor in the building that had an "out of order" elevator" The front desk reassigned us to another room on the first floor with no problem at all.
The long two story buildings with open stairwells and walkways sit across from each other creating the "Court". Inside the court is a pool and covered barbecue area. There are rocking chairs and tables outside the rooms to create plenty of restful area. We checked in during the early evening so the court had several fire pits burning and entertainment in another building near the office. This building is also the breakfast site in the morning. Breakfast contains the usual waffles and cereals. Coffee, tea, yogurt, breads, eggs and sausages make a nice start.
The rooms are very retro contemporary with a large sliding barn door to define the bathroom and shower area from the rest of the room.. The beds are very comfortable. Refreshingly different from the usual set up, this property represents a community campus sort of environment. There is a shopping mall along the entrance to the Lone Star Court so there are so many conveniences.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lilly172
Marcus L, General Manager at Lone Star Court, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I am very happy you were accommodated and enjoyed the hotel. I do apologize for the elevator but that has been repaired and is in perfect running order. Thank you again.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Austin' s motto is "Keep Austin Weird" but at Lone Star Court, it should be "Keep Austin Cool." Lone Star Court is exactly the kind of place I was craving this past weekend and exactly what an ATX hotel should be.

The great thing about LSC is that it's not really trying to be cool, it just is.

For starters, the rooms. My room was spacious and true to ATX. I loved all of the retro chic touches in the room, such as the light green fridge, the cool furniture, and the red lamp hanging above the seating area. Mostly, I loved the sliding barn door to the bathroom which really brought the whole theme and room together. The bathroom was modern which is what you would expect...classy and designed well.

Then there's the outstanding and convenient location. The hotel is located next to the Domain shopping and dining area, literally within steps of the hotel lobby. To me, being able to park my car for the weekend and have access to plenty of shopping, movies, restaurants, and bars was perfect. On Friday, I enjoyed the chill vibe of the courtyard's beautiful wood deck and listened to some fabulous live music provided free by the hotel. Fire pits burning, people laughing, great sounds, and great Texas drinks pouring...now that's an ATX night!

Come Saturday, I explored a bit. I actually did some shopping right across the street and even took in a movie. It was nice walking around and knowing my room was just 2 minutes away if I needed anything or if I wanted to take a break. When I was done, I headed back to the room to enjoy the vibe and read a book on the comfy country-styled chair just outside my room. Being on the second floor was ideal, affording me a nice view of the property as I took in a good read. After a while, I went down to the restaurant for some great grub and a nice cold beer. The food and service were great and it was really nice to see so many of the hotel's guests mingling and enjoying the chill environment.

Lone Star Court modernizes the old west in a way only Austin could ever create. This is one hotel which I would return to time and time again. If you're in Austin, definitely look them up!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ldominici
Austin is a fantastic city with a flavor of it's own and we have tried to encompass it in the experience. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We will not stay at any other hotel in Austin, Tx after staying here! This is by far the BEST place we have ever stayed! First let me start by saying we got here and were slightly taken back by the fact that it was not in the country as we were expecting; HOWEVER, after the first day we realized that we loved that there was a shopping center right across the street because you never noticed it when you were on hotel premises but it was so convenient to just walk over and get frozen yogurt or go eat! The rooms were right up our alley with a very vintage yet modern twist. This place pays attention to EVERY detail from the shampoo to the herbal soap which both felt amazing and left you feeling clean(unlike other cheap hotel soap and shampoo). We were so surprised by how absolutely comfortable the bed and the pillows were! The hotel leaves robes for you to use, has a spa, a gym, continental breakfast...and what I found the most thoughtful was the fact they they have a lift in the pool for handicapped visitors(I've never seen that at any other hotel). The bar/restaurant/breakfast nook is beautiful and at night they have very good live music which very surprisingly we could not hear from our room(amazing). If you feel like being a little more relaxed than the musical bar at night, they have fire pits that are constantly lit to give that feel of the country and also the Texas smell! Bottom line, they thought of everything! AMAZING place! Didn't want to leave! Will be recommending it to everyone I know!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Sunflower103188
Thank you for visiting and letting us know how much you enjoyed the hotel and the facilities. Can't wait to see you again.
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We were totally diggin' the retro vibe! From the checkin to the rooms the theme is consistent and full of character. Our room was right by the pool and across from the bar. There was live music but we did not find it bothersome; however, for light sleepers it may be upsetting.

The hotel is also located right next to a mall which is great if you forget something or just want a new outfit for a special date.

I highly recommend this place! Super fun!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tiffany V
Thank you for the great review. The hotel offers a unique feel and experience and I am happy you enjoyed all we offer!

Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel exceeded all my expectations. It is incredibly unique and eclectic. The staff was so friendly and the details in the rooms and outside area were impeccable. WE enjoyed sitting around the outside fire pits and listening to the band at the restaurant. If you are headed to Austin you need to try this place out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We came to visit our daughter and its such a unique get away, we will for sure be coming back. They have live bands on the weekend that play until Midnight which is perfect because it isn't too late. Their breakfast in the morning is a nice little touch, and ladies who help out in the morning are the sweetest people! Almost any employee you meet that works at Lone Star Court show that typical southern hospitality that you expect, especially when you come to a place like this!

The bed and pillows are THE BEST! My husband and I both slept awesome and wanted to steal the pillows.

And the fitness center is actually a fitness center, with two treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, free weights and a couple of machines.
We will for sure be staying here every time we come visit our daughter!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple