“Another star in Austin's crown”
Review of Lone Star Court

Lone Star Court
Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lone Star Court is a unique place to stay. Retro but new. Hip but totally Texan. Luxurious but studiously low key. Built around an elliptical courtyard, the rooms are large, ultra cool and have luxury beds and linens. Incredible Katz Bat City Blend coffee. Full size retro style refrigerator in each room. Breakfast -- and a very very good one -- included in the price of the room. The smell of barbecue smokers seems to be a permanent incense at this hotel, which is located just across the street to a huge shopping mall called The Domain.North Austin is a drive to the party scene downtown. But that's okay because each night we were there, a live band played and guests enjoyed dinners/appetizers from the casual restaurant and enjoyed the night-lit swimming pool. It was sort of like a party every night. But not wild or loud at any time. Diverse patrons. Quite a few families staying there, as well as numerous small groups, maybe on 'staycations' or meeting there for the weekend. Everyone seemed to have a ball! Downside: WiFi problems, and our room wasn't ready at check-in time. But they compensated for the wait with free drink tickets. I'll go back!

Room Tip: Rooms facing West get lots of sun...too hot to sit on the 'porch' until sundown. But they ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I couldn't believe how affordable this hotel was when I booked it, and then to see how high end the accommodations were- I was thoroughly impressed. The room was immaculate and we loved the retro vibe. The rocking chairs out front made the whole atmosphere feel like a getaway. I started each morning sitting outside watching the breakfast commotion. I also loved that the hotel is a bit outside of all the city craziness. We truly felt like we got away for the weekend. Will definitely come back!

ONLY CON: I did not give it 5 stars because the wi fi was out for half of our trip and the air conditioner was extremely loud (not in a white noise kind of way). But overall, I think those are pretty minor complaints.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a great place to stay! From the staff to the impeccable rooms decor. The outdoor area is especially charming in the setup. Love the touch of the dog that hangs around! Nicely located around the Domain area, close to shopping mall and places to eat.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be situated at great angles. If wanting to take public transportation to down...
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband booked our room as a surprise for me on my birthday weekend. I'll admit I was a little concerned when I found it was across the street from a large mall. Somehow it seemed secluded. Windows faced the indoor court which was landscaped perfectly. The rooms were decorated in kind of a Ranch Retro style--lots of black iron and turquoise. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and high quality bedding was used. Winella was our host in the morning serving biscuits and gravy that would make grandma jealous. Connie, the bartender served a mean (really good and strong) Bloody Mary. At night we sat by the pool and listened to live music. I would highly recommend this place. Like any nice Austin hotel/motel it was not cheap but worth the money. We are booking two more stays there this summer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are out of the sun and have a cool breeze. Great for drinking coffee in the...
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I actually chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews so I felt it was necessary to offer my two cents after staying there.

The Good:
1. The rooms are AMAZING! So well thought out, everything is brand new and comfortable. Seriously, this alone is reason to stay at this hotel every time you're in Austin.

2. The hotel grounds are lovely as well. Again, very well thought out. Breezeways with rocking chairs in front of each room, nice covered seating area in the center of the courtyard and a great pool! I was on the third floor and had a great view of the hotel. Just gorgeous!

3. Other perks like: food truck on site (which I did not get a chance to try but it smelled amazing from my room!), complimentary continental breakfast, live music weds-fri, full bar

The not-so-good:

Honestly I was not impressed with the staff when we first arrived. They did not keep note of our request to have a room on the ground floor (handicap accessible), they put my dad in a room that wasn't cleaned (!) and they used my AAA ID card as a credit card! Just a lot of little things that didn't make me feel like the staff knew what they were doing.

That being said, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rooms and the amenities are worth it.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Tori L
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! The rooms will knock your socks off. Very clean and so well decorated. Full size fridge and freezer for the mini bar with a big selection. Rocking chairs and tables outside of every room so there is always a place to sit in the shade and relax. The best part is in the evening. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night for a family reunion. We sat outside the bar and listened to two really good bands play both nights. After doing this on Friday everyone couldn't wait to get back and get a table for Saturday. Staff is friendly and they keep the entire facility spotless. This is a don't miss destination!

Room Tip: I think all room locations are good. They all face into the courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We visited Austin for Memorial Day Weekend. Lone Star Court was amazing. We were greeted by friendly staff at the front desk the moment we arrived. Everyone we talked to at the hotel was so kind and very eager to help. The rooms are amazing and really clean. The beds in the room are so comfortable, we did not want to leave the room, but we had plans, so we had too! The food at the bar was delicious and the drinks were great! This is my new favorite place to stay when in Austin! Oh and I can't forget to mention the refrigerator used for the in-room beverage bar, it was awesome and prices were reasonable! Can't wait for our next trip back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends