“Wonderful Surprise!”
Review of Lone Star Court

Lone Star Court
Ranked #5 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a great little treasure in Austin. This is such a unique place with a real retro vibe. The staff was very friendly and the location was great. The lady that handled breakfast in the morning was AMAZING, such a kind person. Live music at night, and good food. This will definitely be were we stay on any future visits to this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boyd G
There are newer reviews for Lone Star Court

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everything about our stay here was perfect. We loved the style of the rooms (which are huge), the pool, the restaurant, and the service. We even got a complimentary bottle of champagne on our anniversary! We thought we might go out for dinner, but we didn't want to leave the hotel grounds. Because all the rooms face the center courtyard, it's easy to forget you are in the Domain. It was also surprisingly quiet at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Marcus L, General Manager at Lone Star Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for the great comments and I happy you were able to enjoy your stay. Happy Anniversary! Don't wait a year to visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

From the time of your arrival to the time of your departure, you realize you are somewhere different and in a special place. From the very helpful staff to the small details that take me back, this is a special place. I travel a lot and had a couple days of business this past week in Austin. All of the downtown Austin hotels seem the same to me and I am sick of the out of the way resorts. My family travels with me in July and I wanted to stay somewhere special. A first noteworthy memory is my 4 year old hanging off my back in the pool as my family listened to an awesome local band; the bar area is inviting and includes local brews. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing. The bar has done a great job of not only including hotel guests but locals. My next memory is around the fire at night, this hotel has a wood burning fire pit and is very inviting. I felt like I was camping. After the kiddo's were down, my wife & I reflected on the day in our rocking chairs outside our room above the fire pit as our kids slept. The colors at night are amazing, that's when it hit me: I felt like I was camping, but was in a great hotel. It brought me back to when I traveled on special trips with my family as a child. This hotel thought of it all. Can't wait to return. I am not a shopper but you can leave the family in peace as you work, the area has amply restaurants/stores that are nice.

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy. Taco truck on site that also serves locals. Where else can you experience this...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 450Stephen
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4th of July.
The rooms are retro modern and very cool. Loved the refrigerator and the sliding barn door.

Outside on the balcony, there are rocking chairs and a table for relaxing.

The bar, pool and restaurant were all great and there was live music every night!

The staff was wonderful and helpful with everything.

I highly recommend this place if you are looking for something a little more personable than your average hotel stay!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I am in love with this hotel and will be using it from now on for all for my Austin getaways. The detail (hard goods and soft - ambiance, local coffee & wine) that has been put into this hotel is unbelievable. The food truck, rocking chairs, complimentary parking, wifi & full American breakfast from biscuits and gravy to hard boiled eggs and dry cereal is fantastic. The staff is wonderful (with the exception of a blonde bartender). As I sit and enjoy my coffee at the Water Trough, I listen to soft country music and am warmly welcomed by a morning associate. Thank you for such a wonderful experience and keep up the good work! Also, for other travelers, I stayed on the 2nd floor in building E and didn't hear any music from the live band that night.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lone Star Court is a unique place to stay. Retro but new. Hip but totally Texan. Luxurious but studiously low key. Built around an elliptical courtyard, the rooms are large, ultra cool and have luxury beds and linens. Incredible Katz Bat City Blend coffee. Full size retro style refrigerator in each room. Breakfast -- and a very very good one -- included in the price of the room. The smell of barbecue smokers seems to be a permanent incense at this hotel, which is located just across the street to a huge shopping mall called The Domain.North Austin is a drive to the party scene downtown. But that's okay because each night we were there, a live band played and guests enjoyed dinners/appetizers from the casual restaurant and enjoyed the night-lit swimming pool. It was sort of like a party every night. But not wild or loud at any time. Diverse patrons. Quite a few families staying there, as well as numerous small groups, maybe on 'staycations' or meeting there for the weekend. Everyone seemed to have a ball! Downside: WiFi problems, and our room wasn't ready at check-in time. But they compensated for the wait with free drink tickets. I'll go back!

Room Tip: Rooms facing West get lots of sun...too hot to sit on the 'porch' until sundown. But they ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I couldn't believe how affordable this hotel was when I booked it, and then to see how high end the accommodations were- I was thoroughly impressed. The room was immaculate and we loved the retro vibe. The rocking chairs out front made the whole atmosphere feel like a getaway. I started each morning sitting outside watching the breakfast commotion. I also loved that the hotel is a bit outside of all the city craziness. We truly felt like we got away for the weekend. Will definitely come back!

ONLY CON: I did not give it 5 stars because the wi fi was out for half of our trip and the air conditioner was extremely loud (not in a white noise kind of way). But overall, I think those are pretty minor complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple