“Fun and Cool”
Review of Lone Star Court

Lone Star Court
Ranked #5 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

What a great retro place to stay. The rooms are unique and very comfortable. They have a great layout with the Watering Trough which serves as a bar in the Pm and breakfast ikn the AM. It is attached to the Domain shopping center with High end shops. Only negatives were the Wi FI was hard to get onto and stay on. They need to add capacity.

There are newer reviews for Lone Star Court

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After noticing a large amount of reviews for a hotel that has only been open since December 2013 I felt compelled to write a review that isn't paid or sponsored by the property.

Upon arrival I was a bit surprised at the location. I'm obviously not familiar with the area or aware of the Domain area. It really looks like you're pulling into an old mall as you're pulling into the parking lot. After driving further into the Domain during our stay I appreciated this area much more as there are tons of shops and dining in this area including a Tesla store which thrilled my husband. Otherwise, the area is a bit out of town - probably a 15-20 minute drive to downtown depending on where you're going. Definitely a place that requires a car.

The hotel itself was great though. Hotel representatives were fast and friendly. The room was clean and full sized fridge stocked with goodies was great. The bed and pillows were great which is a huge plus to me. The room did stay a bit humid but its July in Texas so I couldn't complain too much.

The pool was smaller but we never had any problem finding a lounge chair. Supplied towels were definitely a plus. The bar and happy hour specials were really nice. A previous reviewer suggested a "chili cowboy" which was really good. The complementary breakfast was really great too. Meat, fruit, biscuits and gravy along with cereal and yogurt too. The pigs in a blanket served with breakfast were a fun touch - ate too many of those!

I really enjoyed the hotel overall. We didn't get to experience any of the live music but I assume that is an added benefit. Seeing a Dillards from the hotel room was a little strange to me after viewing the photos online but I do thinking being in the Domain area is an asset to the hotel. Would definitely recommend this for a leisurely trip to Austin as long as you have a car!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Okay, let's bring some reality to the reviews here. Here's what I experienced on my three day stay.

First, design and aesthetic: A+. The property and rooms are beautiful. It has a kitschy, beloved Texas motel feel, and it is lovely.

However, they are far, far, far away from being comparable to a normal or even nice hotel. I hope they work these things out. Here are a few of the issues I ran into.

-The Wi-Fi does not reach the rooms. This is an unacceptable, never return type problem. You can't travel here on business if you can't get email in your room.

- The hotel does not have room service and the hotel & bar have NO food after 10pm. I had to order a pizza to get some dinner.

-They put me in the wrong room when I arrived. Granted, they moved me, but it shows a lack of attention to detail.

- The room had a broken mirror which they knew about but had not repaired.

- Housekeeping neglected to make up my room one day. I am traveling from a different time zone, and so I left my room about 11am. Still, I expect at a nice hotel, house keeping returns and makes up the room after I've left.

- The featured food truck first was literally out of half the menu when I went by for lunch, and was then closed on Sunday and in the evening.

- Minor details like the gate to the pool were broken (this is a 7 month old hotel).

Overall, great potential. A very cool vibe. Love the open, outdoor feel. However, it is far away from the action, and the hotel isn't yet run like a top hotel like a Westin or a great boutique hotel would be run. If you need to be near the Domains mall or UT then stay here, otherwise pick a hotel downtown.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor, facing west.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NW_Traveler_05
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I loved this hotel! The mid century modern furnishings in the room were so fun. The bathroom was very nice and I loved having the full sized Smeg refrigerator in the room. The courtyard is beautiful and the bar was great! It's right next to the Domain shopping area. You can walk across the street to the shops and restaurants. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The rooms all face the courtyard. I loved being on the top floor (3rd).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stefanie_bowers
Marcus L, General Manager at Lone Star Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for visiting and for the great comments. Location is pretty cool being close to shopping and dining. Still feel like you are not in the city when inside the courtyard too.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is awesome. We had the "kick your boots off package." The one night stay included the room, continental breakfast, two free appetizers, two free bar drinks, two sodas, two Texas beers, and a little goody bag of snacks. (beef jerky and peanuts.) The hotel decor is awesome. It reminds me of being in a very modern barn. I took tons of photos, just because I loved the decor. There are fire pits everywhere. I enjoyed spending the evening sitting around a campfire in comfy lawnchairs, listening to the band. The pool is small, but clean and cozy. We had our bar drinks at the pool. Staff was awesome. They made sure to make sure everything was great. The fitness center offered complimentary water, and was 3 doors down from our room. That was great to just refill our water bottles. The lobby of the hotel had a little computer kiosk that had suggestions of things to do in the area.

The hotel is situated right next to a mall, The Domain. You can walk across the street to an upscale mall, restaurants, and movie theater. There are also bike rentals at the hotel.

There is a food truck right outside the hotel too, so you really can't go hungry here.

The bathroom was HUGE, the biggest I've ever seen, including in 5 star hotels. No tub, just a shower, which I loved. Super clean and tons of towels. You can tell a lot of detail went into planning this hotel.

I would 100% stay again. In fact, I went for a girls getaway and came home to look into booking a family trip. LOVED it.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room near the fitness center. Makes it easy to refil your water bottle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank littlebit0863

Thank you for the visit for the Girl Get Away! Can't wait to have you visit with the family.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I just returned last weekend from this hotel. We were celebrating my 30th birthday. It was WONDERFUL! It was the most relaxing and enjoyable stay at a hotel I've ever had. Everyone was so nice, the decor and overall theme was so relaxed. The drinks at the bar were amazing, you must try the "Chili Cowboy". We loved sitting outside our rooms rocking in the chairs. The owner's dog follows him all over the property, it gave the property that relaxed feel. We normally stay downtown when coming to Austin but after staying here we will never stay downtown again. Just jump on the toll and you can be downtown in no time.

I wouldn't change much of anything about our stay. The breakfast could be a little better, scrambled eggs would have been a great addition. A few umbrellas out by the pool would be great as well.

We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank TexasGirl373
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here in May 2014. What a wonderful experience! First the staff is awesome. They made such an effort to assure my stay was a good one. All the rooms face out to this wonderful common area that has a zen like feel with a combination of water and fire. I loved the fire pit and the rocking chairs in front of each room. Inside enjoy the wonderful, soft beds and awesome decor. Bathrooms are marvelous, large and bright. Wonderful music in the lounge at night. Onsite exercise room. Great food truck located at the entrance. I highly recommend this place. Love it! Love it! Great music in the bar. I heard some of the best blues music ever during my stay.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are not carpeted. They have great concrete floors. Upper level rooms have carpet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends