“stay at hampton inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I very pleased with my stay It is a very modern and trendy location it is close to downtown Austin without downtown Austin prices it very close to the capital building The room and hotel was very modern and trendy

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Patrick M,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you were pleased with your stay at our "modern and trendy" location. We feel we have a fantastic "Austin" themed hotel with the design and artwork giving our guests a truly "Austin" feel. We thank you for your review and look forward to your next visit to Austin!

GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I loved the Texas waffles (that were in the shape of Texas). We came a little late for breakfast one day but the staff, who was cleaning up, offered us some juice and a quick chance to grab a little something. The pool was small but we didn't spend that much time there. The front desk staff is very polite and provided us with maps of the city, tips and directions for getting around.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Nita U,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I was glad to see you enjoyed our Texas Waffles! I was glad to see that our breakfast offered you items after it had closed :). I agree that we have the best staff in Austin who are polite and friendly. While our pool is averae sized, it has amazing views on our 5th floor of the Austin Skyline & Capitol. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This Property was brand new back in December 2012 when I first stayed. I've stay 8 to 10 nights since then. It's my new favorite Hampton of all time. Great Staff. Cool Artsy Lobby and rooms. Every room that I've stayed in had 12 foot ceiling...and some units have balconies. The rooms are full of conveniently located power outlets...plenty of room to plug-in all of your devices.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear DavidP,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you stayed with us back when we opened and came back! I am really happy to see that we are your "favorite Hamptonof all time" I agree that we have a GREAT staff and appreciate your kind words. Yes, our lobby is very ARtsy and Austin in decor. We do have great rooms with our rooms having 12 foot ceilings and rooms with balconies are second to none. I was glad to see that our efforts in providing additional power outlets didn't go unnoticed. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is surely the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever visited! I highly recommend this hotel for both business travelers and couples/families visiting Austin.

I stumbled across this well located Hampton Inn after a last minute change of plans and it was my good fortune! The room was quite comfortable with a great bed and nice linens. The bathroom was spotless and stocked with plenty of towels. The complimentary hot breakfast was also a real treat with quality offerings served in a lovely lobby area. If that wasn't enough, the staff was terrific. The GM, Sean, went out off his way to personally help me "jump" my car after I accidentally left the lights on all night!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear dghg,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate the compliments and look forward to your next stay with us! We appreciate your comments about this being the "nicest Hampton Inn you've ever visited'. We have custom linens, micorfiber sheets and an upgraded bedding package to ensure a good nights sleep. I was delighted to see you enjoyed our breakfast area and pool area. It was my pleasure to assist with helping charge your car battery. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Our family of four spent four nights at The Hampton Austin @ The Capitol. It was our first visit to Austin and were there on a family trip. Hamptons are consistently good but this property was one of, if not the highest quality Hamptons.

The staff was exceedingly courteous and helpful. Ricky (you rock dude) was sensational and Victor A was tremendously helpful and informative at check-in. We learned that the property was only months old and that Austin was weird, growing, bustling, full of good eats, as well as outside friendly.

Our two queen beds room on the eight floor was clean, spacious, and modern. The beds were fabulously comfortable and the TBISC (this bed is so clean) ad campaign was not overstated for us. We can always use more closet space and chairs but we were able to keep our luggage off of the floor.

The lobby had eclectic but not gaudy decor. The breakfast was typical continental but prepared fresh daily. Our children appreciated the Texas shaped waffles. The pool was the small rooftoo variety. If you are in Austin at this Hampton, then you are not there for the pool. Barton Springs is a much better option.

The property is located within walking distance to the Capitol, four-star restaurants, Starbucks and within a short drive to sixth street, Congress street, and many of the other must see attractions.

This will definitely be our hotel of choice when we return to Austin.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank turndav
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear turndav,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. Thank you for the kind words in regards to the quality of this Hampton Inn. Thank you for the comments about our staff and I was delighted to see that Ricky rocked, we appreciate his hospitality and thank you for noticing. Thank you for complimenting Victor A as well. I was happy to see that you enjoyed our truly Austin decor and comfortable bedding package. We have custom microfiber sheets that are top of the line. I was glad to see you enjoyed our breakfast and was happy to see you liked our Texas shaped waffles. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!

Sincerly,

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Originally we were supposed to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bastrop however we needed to stay in Austin unexpectedly. Bastrop Hampton let us cancel with no charge and were very helpful and the Hampton in Austin/University were more than accomadating as well. They got us a room and we were able to check in within the hour and we were able to pay cash due to my wallet being stolen. The room was not a suite but very nice and had a balcony with a view of the capital and the university. Additonally the breakfast was good, hot and available.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lb822

Dear Ib822,

thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback about your visit to our property. I was glad to see that we were able to work with you at check in and get you into our hotel. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and our breakfast. I appreciate you taking the time to enjoy our high ceilings and breathtaking views. We look forward to your next visit to Ausitn.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Thank you for a wonderful experience in muggy Austin. Your hotel was clean, bright and affordable. The breakfast was wonderful -- lots of hot choices. The bed was comfortable. I could walk to the University for meetings. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn E
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Lynn E,

We appreciate your kind words on tripadvisor and appreceiate the kind words. We agree that our hotel is clean, bright & affordable. Thank you for appreciating our breakfast. We try and give as many options as possible! We agree that our location near the University / Capitol and 11 blocks from the entertainment district makes us a perfect location to enjoy Austin. We look forward to your next stay with us!