“Friendly to the Max!”

Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Bethel, United States
“Friendly to the Max!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

People that have the reason to stay here will be pampered and treated like royalty. These folks know how it needs to be and just do it! Amazing. Clean, efficient, helpful beyond explanation. Dont stay any place else while in Austin, they have soem of the big chains beat by a long shot!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Debra N.

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate the kind words about our "friendly to the max" comments. I agree and appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff. Thank you for the recommendations to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed at many, many hotels, and I have to say this is probably the best value for a hotel I've been at. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and clean, the buffet breakfast is good, and the location is quite convenient.
The thing that sets this hotel apart at this price range is the staff: friendly, personable, attentive. Really very good.
The exercise equipment is new; the fitness room is small, similar to most other hotels, but has a nice selection of weights, treadmills, and ellipticals. The outdoor pool on the fifth floor is small.
Within easy walking distance of all of UT's campus and the off-campus housing. Right next to an IMAX theater as well. Not great restaurants in the immediate area, but you can walk around the campus outskirts for a good selection.

Room Tip: ask for high floor with room for view of UT campus
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear TomDM94,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and I was glad to see you saw "excellent value when visiting UT Campus" at our porperty. I agree we have a fantastic location near the UT campus, but also centrally located near all Austin has to offer. Thank you for the kind words in regards to the staff. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and we love that we have a unique hotel! Our tall ceilngs really make our new rooms look even bigger and I agree that we have a top notch fitness center. Thank you for the kind post and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This Hampton Inn was fabulous!! A+ location with wonderfully comfortable beds and sheets and a huge desk/ work station in the King Suites. I have stayed at several other more expensive hotels in the UT Campus area and this hotel beats them hands down!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Nancy R.,

Thank you for your response on tripadivisor. I agree that our hotel is "fantastic". I appreciate that you noticed our custom Microfiber upgraded sheets. I believe we are the only hotel that offers these sheets in the Austin market! Our uniquely "Austin" design and decor sets us apart from our competitors. Thank you for recommending our hotel on tripadvisor. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Houston, TX
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and thought it was a great location to downtown's major landmarks. The Capital and UT were within walking distance. This hotel is nice, new and clean. Parking was great too. Private garage access to hotel guests only. My family would stay here again.

Dear Travelingkr2011,

thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I appreciate the kind words in regards to our location to downtown's major landmarks. The Capitol and UT amongst other attractions in Austin are close to the hotel. I a was glad to see that you and your family would stay with us again. We look forward to your next stay in Austin

Blue Bell, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Our overall stay at the Hampton Inn was phenomenal. The hotel was accessible to all the places that we want to go to. It is important to our family to stay in a place that we are comfortable because of convenience. The people are hospitable and they are very accommodating. However, a few incident happened beyond their control for example, the elevator malfunctioned in two different times during our stay. The manager was on top of things and immediately called the right authority to intervene. We also called the front desk for a wake up call but forgot to call us, luckily my husband and I are early risers and we also set our alarm clock so that we were able to wake up and gave us ample time to make our flight back home. We understood that the place is new and that the staff change in different shifts. Proper communication amongst the staff is very important and would like to see that improved.

Dear Lane M,

I was glad to see that your overall stay with us was phenomenal. I agree that our location is top notch and central to everything Austin has to offer. On occasion the elevators go down, as they do in all hotels, I was glad to see that our manager was on it and made sure everthing was taken care of . I was disapointed to see that we missed a wake up call. I will address with our staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. We will work to have proper communication amongst our staff. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have never written a review on here before but after staying at this hotel, I definitely thought it was worth it! This hotel is a beautiful, new Hampton located near the University of Texas. The staff was excellent and so helpful with everything from providing directions to giving fantastic restaurant recommendations. I would definitely recommend that anyone traveling to Austin stay here and experince this unique and superb hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Gloria F,

Thank you for responding to tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for recognizing our staff! I agree that they do a great job! We are centrally located near all Austin has to offer. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Mountain View, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Like this hotel for its location relative to the UT campus local amenities. Facility is only about a year old and is in very good condition. Parking is too expensive in my opinion probably because of the limited amount of parking spaces they have on location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Rebecca C,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and gave us a great score. I was happy our staff was able to accomodate your needs and make sure you enjoyed your stay. I agree, we do have a great loation, centrally located near all Austin has to offer. Again we appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.