“Great value, great room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #5 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Great value, great room”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel has really nice rooms with lots of space, beautiful balcony, albeit noisy from the street. Very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast was great although not enough tables nor fresh fruit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear A tripadvisor member<

Thank you for the great score on tripadvisor. I agree with you and appreciate the kind words, brief and to the point! I was happy to see you enjoyed your balcony room. I was dispointed to see that we ran out of tables during breakfast. I assume this wa a Saturday / Sunday when everyone gets up at the same time and comes down to breakfast. We are looking at opeing up our meeting space to accomodate extra seating during heavily trafficed breakfast times. I appreceiate the feedback and we will do better!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Frisco, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

First time to stay at this hotel. I loved the safe, convenient parking. It was worth the $19 for business travel purposed. It is a new hotel and was very clean. Great lobby, but it could really use a bar for drinks. Standard HI room. In room refrigerator was nice.

Dear Suzanne R,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor about your experience with our hotel. We appreciate your comments about our "Great New Austin hotel". While our parking is competitve, I appreciate you informing readers that the parking was worth it. Thank you for noticing the details on our lobby. We hope to install a bar in 2015! I am biased but I feel all our rooms are better then a typical Hampton Inn. We look forward to your next stay with us!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here for the Austin Film Festival. It's about a 15 minute walk down to the theaters, which was nothing to me since I reside in NYC. It is however very close if your seeing a film at the IMAX Bullock theater, which I did.

The rooms are great. I stayed in a King Suite and had a living room area and lots of room at the desk, which could be shared by several people. High ratings on the layout.

I have stayed at several Hampton Inn's and this one so far is the best. Next time I'm in Austin, I will be returning.

Didn't get a chance to check out the pool and gym, but hoping to do so next visit. I highly recommend for filmmakers coming in next year or for SXSW.

Dear ALC65,

Thank you for the kind score on tripadvisor. We take great pride in our rooms and we feel they are the best in Austin. With our 11 foot ceilings and 12 foot windows, ceiling fans, custom microfiber sheets and overall Austin themed decor. We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us to other filmmakers! We look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Lehi, Utah
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We're generally fans of Hampton Inn's already, but this one is the best by far. A fancy boutique hotel, but at a great price + great local Austin touches throughout. The staff was phenomenal, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included, and also excellent. Can't go wrong with this one.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JG7521
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear JG7521,

Thank you for the comments on tripadvisro, "excellent and unique hotel in great location". I agree and appreciate you taking the time to respond to tripadvisor. I appreciate your kind words about our staff being "phenomenal". They do a fantastic job and care that you have a good stay with us!

Burleson, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was astonished at the size and amenities of this downtown Austin studio hotel room. It was very neat and clean but much larger and more comfortable than any Hampton Inn room I have every booked. I like the consistent quality and value of staying at Hampton, but this was a pleasant surprise. Excellent bed and bedding.

1 Thank Gregory S
Dear Gregory S,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to inform people of your stay. I was delighted to see that you were "astonished" at the size and amenities of your room. I was happy to see that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your next stay with us.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We enjoyed our quick visit to Austin for my daughters wedding. Our accommodations were very nice. I especially loved the sheets and bedding, very soft and comfortable. The lobby had interesting artwork and furnishings. It was a really nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank stepcon434
Dear tripadvisor memeber,

Thank you for the response on tripadvisor. I appreciate the kind words and was happy to read that you had a "great visit". I agree, we have microfiber sheets on our beds and they really make a difference in the rooms. Thank you for appreciating all the artwork in the lobby and hotel. We believe we have a truly Austin hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Sean Fitzgerld
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The rooms are ultra-modern and very clean. The king-size bed was most comfortable. My spouse received a catered breakfast at her offsite meeting but I still think I did better than she with the fine buffet available here. This is where I shall always stay in the future when in Austin.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Krwman
Dear Krwman,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I appreciate your kind words and love that you thought your stay was "Absolutely a great facility with a staff to match. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Sean Fitzgerlad