Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #4 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place was great from the moment we arrived early until the time we left. Darby at the front desk should teach a course to other hotel workers (particularly at the nearby and way overpriced AT&T Conference Center Hotel). She was fast, funny, and professional. The hotel's location and decor were great. One minor problem (a loud group of high schoolers) was quickly handled by the staff. Even the breakfast was good. The rate was very good. I highly recommend this one.

Room Tip: Ask Darby at the front desk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Houston David,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you had a great visit from the time you arrived until the time you left. Thank you for giving kudos to Darby for being fast, funny, and professional. I was glad that we were able to quiet down some of our guests that were getting loud. I was happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit with us!

GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol

Reviewed 28 January 2014

A convenient location, near good restaurants and museums, but quiet. Staff very attentive and helpful. The room was immaculate and well designed with very comfortable beds. Halls were well carpeted and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary G,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you think our hotel is a "fine hotel". I was glad t see that our staff wad attentive and helpful. I appreciate your description of our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Speaking as a Hampton employee, this is one the most impressive Hampton properties I have ever seen. The entire property has an Austin-like flare to it, while maintaining the familiarity of Hampton standards. The rooms are huge. The staff at this hotel has been trained extremely well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ravi D
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Ravi D,

Thank you for the kind words and feedback on tripadvisor. I will let your review speak for itself.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Typically when we head to Austin, we stay with family- this time we decided to make it a bit of a couple's getaway as well and I am SO GLAD we did! Every aspect of the Hampton Inn was wonderful! The rooms are fabulous- I felt like we accidentally got booked into a suite the room was so large. The sheets are silky- if they were sold in the lobby I would have bought them they were that amazing. The bacon at breakfast was plentiful- the only problem was keeping my husband's hands off my bacon :) I would absolutely stay here again- I only wish I had longer to stay!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have huge balconies that are on both sides of the building- a great place to have a ear...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sara M,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was happy to see that we had enough bacon for your breakfast. Our sheets are microfiber sheets and I have the information should you like to purchase our sheets, or you can just stay with us when you travel to Austin. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We will always try to stay at this property. It was a perfect location and the rooms were very spacious and well appointed.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff working there. "Jen" at the front desk was always extremely helpful and kind. I wish we could steal her away and have her come work with us in San Antonio. Because of her we will always try to book this hotel first when we come to Austin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Caitlindesrosier,

Thank you for the feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate the kind words about our "awesome hotel & great staff". I agree that we have a great staff and appreciate you taking the time to recognize Jen. I hope she doesn't go to San Antonio with you. We love her and our entire staff and appreciate them. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel twice, and we are happy with everything about it! The location is great -- walking distance to the Texas Capitol, The University of Texas campus, as well as several restaurants and museums. The friendly staff goes out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. We love the breakfast buffet, which is much more elaborate than most free breakfasts at similar hotels. The rooms are nice -- clean and spacious -- and the beds are very comfortable! And, if you happen to get one of the upper, corner rooms with a balcony, the views are spectacular!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Walton A,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you and your family have stayed with us twice and had a great experience both times. I was happy to see that you like our location and noticed our staff going out of their way to make you feel welcomed! Thank you for noticing our above standard breakfast and our rooms. I believe we have the best rooms in Austin and our 10 foot ceilings with 11 foot windows really is a point of difference in regards to our rooms. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I don't normally stay at Hampton Inns, but I chose this hotel for it's location and price. I normally hate dealing with parking at hotels in urban centers, but parking was really easy here. And they had Diamond parking spots, which I've never seen before. These parking spots are a great benefit for HHonors elites!

The staff was very professional and courteous. There was an old smurf doll under the A/C unit in the room, but otherwise the room was spotless. If this isn't a new hotel, it's been renovated so well that I was fooled. And the beds seemed better than the usual Hampton Inn beds, which I find much too hard.

We were on the 5th floor with the pool deck and fitness center. The pool is small, but heated. There's a great view of the capital from the deck. It looks like the rooms on the 2nd floor have large patios with some furniture. Our room on the 5th floor had a balcony, but it wasn't big enough for chairs, it was standing room only.

The breakfast seemed to be upgraded from the typical Hampton Inn buffet-style breakfast. And the robust coffee was decent, not what I'm used to from a hotel.

From the hotel, you can easily walk to UT, the capital, and 6th St (but we drove to Rainey St.).

It was a great stay and I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Austin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Michael R,

Thank you for your kind words on tripadvisor. I was happy to read your detailed description of our hotel. I was happy to read that our staff was "professional and courteous". I was also happy to see that you enjoyed our pool area and noticed our upgraded Hampton Inn Breakfast! We will work on our housekeeping, but appreciate your feedback to help us get better. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!