“Upgraded for free to biggest room ever!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #6 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Upgraded for free to biggest room ever!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Austin for a wedding and the Hampton Inn was chosen by the wedding party for lodging. Great choice! The staff could not have been friendlier (thank you for all your help Lindsey!). We arrived at 10am and they were able to get us in our room early and gave us a free upgrade to a suite just for waiting a couple of minutes. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have had. The location was also perfect for checking out the sights around Austin. Would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jacob M,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor, I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and rated us 5 circles. Thank you for appreciating Lindsey and our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. Great location! It's literally right next to a great little Mexican restaurant, which we walked down to, and ate at on our first night. $20 for parking upon check-in, but you can come and go after that one time fee. Room was nice and clean! My two boys, ages 9 and 5 really enjoyed the rooftop pool! :-)

Stayed June 2014
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Amanda S,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was so happy to see your review "great location! clean and modern". I agree that we do have some great restaurants in the area. I was happy that your two boys enjoyed our pool area. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hampton Inn is one of my go-to's and I was very impressed with this location. The room was huge with incredibly high ceilings. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever felt—it was really that good. The breakfast was ok, nice that it's included. The parking garage was a challenge one night, but I was still able to find a spot that fit my rental van. The workout room is great, and the small rooftop pool was definitely a plus.

I originally wanted to be near 6th Street, but found better rates here during my trip, so I simply walked the 20 minutes to get down to bars and restaurants. I would likely book closer to 6th Street next time, unless rates at this property were a good value again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MLNC
Dear MLNC,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our high ceilings and comfortable beds. I believe our rooms are the best in the city. We have a great location, you can experience the 6th street fun without being part of it. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

this is a great place with great staff. A very quite hotel, easy parking and a good location. I have stayed here a number of times and always had a great experience. Very nice roof pool area and work out space.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was especially happy to read that you felt our staff was great. I agree and feel that our staff cares about all our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last minute and we could not have been luckier. We got a free upgrade, paid an awesome price and the fact that breakfast was included (and probably the best included breakfast we've ever had) made us feel like we won the last-minute-booking lottery. Lots of awesome bars+ restaurants nearby, having our rental car & the ease of access with their garage and the rooftop pool = this place exceeded our expectations. Next time we visit, we are 100% staying here.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ware 717,

Thank you for responding to tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you felt our hotel was "on point and then some". We take great pride in our hotel and was happy that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel and value within walking distance of UT and the capitol. Beds are outstanding, rooms well-appointed and nice hot breakfast. Be sure to add $20 to the price for parking. Will definitely stay again when visiting Austin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brandie S,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. Thank you for referring to our hotel as a great hotel. I agree that our location is fantastic, centrally located near all Austin has to offer. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our Hampton on the house breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Austin, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was impressed with my stay @ University Austin Hampton Inn. The room was in very good condition and very clean. I was able to rest very well at night: comfy - clean beds and no noise. The fitness room was definitely adequate and the roof top pool area was nice. I really would have definitely enjoyed a jucuzzi, hot tub or steam room. However, i would definitely stay again and recommend to others

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Kim B,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was happy that we met your needs as a business traveler. I was disappointed that we didn't achieve a five circle rating and will continue to work hard to improve our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!