Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #6 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good location for University & Capital. Very clean & quiet with very helpful staff. Pool on roof - nice spot for morning coffee or evening relaxation. Second stay in two years for business and definitely would return. Not in the area where most other hotels are located, but within about 15 minutes. A few blocks from both Capital and University.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Gail B,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you felt our rooms were very clean and quiet with a helpful staff. I believe our pool area view, in the morning, is a fantastic way to see Austin's skyline. We look forward to your next stay with us.

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a nice Hampton and well located. I wish they had an onsite restaurant or bar, however. Bed was comfortale and the room was well appointed. The signs in the hallways are a little confusing and we found it sort of a maze to find our room.

Dear ag05dc,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed good value during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing up the signs in the hallways and we will work to make it less confusing. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed 7 nights for business, they are withing walking distance of the capitol and the TX history museum, the room was clean, bed was comfortable, hot water worked great, the breakfast was great food with much variety, the staff was very helpful, the pool area was a great place to relax with a book, I highly recommend this hotel

Dear Carla W,

Thank you for staying with us and responding to tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations. I agree we do have a great location near all Austin has to offer. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were in Austin for a wedding and the Hampton Inn was chosen by the wedding party for lodging. Great choice! The staff could not have been friendlier (thank you for all your help Lindsey!). We arrived at 10am and they were able to get us in our room early and gave us a free upgrade to a suite just for waiting a couple of minutes. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have had. The location was also perfect for checking out the sights around Austin. Would definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob M,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor, I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and rated us 5 circles. Thank you for appreciating Lindsey and our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. Great location! It's literally right next to a great little Mexican restaurant, which we walked down to, and ate at on our first night. $20 for parking upon check-in, but you can come and go after that one time fee. Room was nice and clean! My two boys, ages 9 and 5 really enjoyed the rooftop pool! :-)

Stayed: June 2014
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Amanda S,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was so happy to see your review "great location! clean and modern". I agree that we do have some great restaurants in the area. I was happy that your two boys enjoyed our pool area. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hampton Inn is one of my go-to's and I was very impressed with this location. The room was huge with incredibly high ceilings. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever felt—it was really that good. The breakfast was ok, nice that it's included. The parking garage was a challenge one night, but I was still able to find a spot that fit my rental van. The workout room is great, and the small rooftop pool was definitely a plus.

I originally wanted to be near 6th Street, but found better rates here during my trip, so I simply walked the 20 minutes to get down to bars and restaurants. I would likely book closer to 6th Street next time, unless rates at this property were a good value again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MLNC

Dear MLNC,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our high ceilings and comfortable beds. I believe our rooms are the best in the city. We have a great location, you can experience the 6th street fun without being part of it. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

this is a great place with great staff. A very quite hotel, easy parking and a good location. I have stayed here a number of times and always had a great experience. Very nice roof pool area and work out space.

Dear Scott B,

Thank you for the kind words on tripadvisor. I was especially happy to read that you felt our staff was great. I agree and feel that our staff cares about all our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us!