“The staff here is FABULOUS !!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol
Ranked #4 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel has the most friendly, most helpful, most knowledgeable staff I have ever encountered in my global treks. When I arrived early, Belinda told me my room wasn't ready (it was very early in the day) but one look at my tired face and she found me a room pronto. Lindsay H. was just wonderful as she guided me through packing up and mailing stuff through FedEx which you can do right at the front desk. The guys (sorry guys can't remember your names) assisted me with taxis and everything else I needed. Breakfast was good, hotel was spotless. There's a little business center with 2 super fast computers and an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier so I could get my stuff off to the boss before leaving the country. Everyone there was just a pleasure! Thanks, crew!

Room Tip: There are rooms right smack next to the two elevators. If you're like me and can hear a pin drop...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Kathy0619,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor, we appreciate your comments and I was happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. I couldn't be happier to see that Lndsey H helped make your stay a successful one. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We will definitely return here enjoyed the overall stay. We were within walking distance or a short drive away from many places in Austin. Staff was very courteous throughout our stay, had recommendations for eating places and sightseeing as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear 487 everlynp,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was happy to see that you were 'very satisfied" with your stay with us. I was happy that our staff was courteous throughout your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Entire staff from Manager to cleaning staff all were very friendly and helpful. They even greeted us by our last name! Facility was very clean - great location too. Will most likely be returning when we are in Austin for a football game.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lotyler,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor, we appreciate your comments. I was happy to see that our manager and cleaning staff greeted you by last name. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Hampton Inn Suites is brand new very contemporary cool design has excellent location and staff and great accommodations. A little pricey for a Hampton Inn type/class hotel but in general Austin is overpriced in general so you are kind of stuck!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

ag05dc,

Dear ag05dc,

thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you felt our hotel was a good value. I was happy to see that you like our beds and that our rooms are well appointed. We will work on our signage on the room floors to see what we can do to make it less confusing, thank you for the tip. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good location for University & Capital. Very clean & quiet with very helpful staff. Pool on roof - nice spot for morning coffee or evening relaxation. Second stay in two years for business and definitely would return. Not in the area where most other hotels are located, but within about 15 minutes. A few blocks from both Capital and University.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Gail B,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you felt our rooms were very clean and quiet with a helpful staff. I believe our pool area view, in the morning, is a fantastic way to see Austin's skyline. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a nice Hampton and well located. I wish they had an onsite restaurant or bar, however. Bed was comfortale and the room was well appointed. The signs in the hallways are a little confusing and we found it sort of a maze to find our room.

Dear ag05dc,

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed good value during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing up the signs in the hallways and we will work to make it less confusing. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed 7 nights for business, they are withing walking distance of the capitol and the TX history museum, the room was clean, bed was comfortable, hot water worked great, the breakfast was great food with much variety, the staff was very helpful, the pool area was a great place to relax with a book, I highly recommend this hotel

Dear Carla W,

Thank you for staying with us and responding to tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations. I agree we do have a great location near all Austin has to offer. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.