“great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 203 Hotels in Austin
caddo mills, United States
“great hotel”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

great place to stay. Staff is very helpful, no matter what time or what your question is, they did everything thing they could to help out, very friendly. wonderful breakfast. The rooms are clean and large.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We (my wife and I) came to Austin for the wedding of one of my best friends. We stayed at the location because the Hampton closest to the wedding site had No Vacancies. The hotel was up off the road and was very quiet, the whole place appeared to be new, or at least recently remodeled. After a slow check in process the rest of the stay was nice. The room was well appointed and the A/C worked well, almost too well. The morning breakfast was fine, but the omelettes they offered looked like plastic look alikes. The fruit, cereals were all good, the milk cold. One draw back the "Multi" Juice machine produced undrinkable watery drinks, so I passed on the morning OJ. OUr bill was waiting under the door in the morning, so the check out was easy as usual. I thought the place was nice, but we really do not stay in Austin very often, so we will probably not have occasion to stay here again.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Another very clean and consistent experience. I choose Hampton whenever possible because I know what I can expect. Neighboring room doors can be a little noisy but in all, a good experience. The only issue of this hotel is the traffic trying to get in and out of the parking lot. If you can deal with that then it is a great place to lay your head for the night.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Other reviewers have mentioned that this is a new hotel and somewhat hard to find. I couldn't locate it on Google maps or Google earth and my GPS didn't show it among Austin hotels. But we had no problem finding it: we simply followed the instructions that were provided with our online reservation. Once found, the hotel is really worth the trouble. It has all the advantages of the usual Hampton Inn plus a few things. The breakfast was more extensive than we've found in some Hamptons, with one or two hot items -- often scrambled eggs or omelets -- and make-it-yourself Belgian waffles every day. The hotel, having been opened only seven months, is still new and very clean and attractive. The room was large, also very clean, and had both a microwave and a small refrigerator. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Getting in and out of the hotel is easier via the McCarty Lane entrance/exit once you've found it. It leads to William Cannon Drive which worked very well for us. There are two minor points I should probably mention: first the hotel back up to a large cemetery which was the view from our room's window. It didn't bother us at all -- the neighbors were very quiet -- but we did hear a couple of other guests asking the front desk clerk to move them to a front room where they couldn't see the graveyard. So if this is a problem for you, request a front room, or perhaps one on the first floor (if available) where you probably can't see over the fence separating the hotel and the marble. The second thing that took some getting used concerned the room's air conditioning. It was an under-window unit controlled by a wall-mounted digital thermostat. But the thermostat also had a small motion detector built into it that is undoubtedly intended to save electricity by switching the unit off when no one is present. Not a bad idea, but it caused us problems since it made it impossible to maintain a consistent, comfortable temperature. We went to sleep the first night in a cool room, only to awaken in the morning sweating. So I assume the motion detector isn't smart enough to realize sleeping guests don't move around much. It took a couple of days for us to realize the wide temperature swings were being caused by the motion detector overrulling our thermostat settings, and the only defense was to set the thermostat a few degrees lower so the room would not get too warm once it shut down the system. And that of course defeats the whole purpose, so I suspect the device doesn't save nearly as much as the management thinks. Despite those two quibbles, though, this was a very enjoyable stay and I'll gladly stay there again next time I'm in Austin.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear overlook a large cemetery. It's no problem for most people, but you may...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel opened in Feb of 2013 and is beautiful. Typical Hampton Inn but very modern look. Easy to get to but a little hard to get out of in the morning due to traffic.
I would highly recommend this location if your business or leisure takes you to this part of Austin.
Personnel was super friendly and attentive.

• Stayed September 2013
New York, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was very pleased with the hotel. The lobby had a nice modern feel. The front desk staff was terrific. I particularly liked the advertising in the elevator that assured me all the linens - including the coverlet - was washed before my arrival. The post its with same messaging was a nice touch. Overall a very good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Houston, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I would recommend Hampton Inn, Austin. Very clean... pleasant stay. Every employee that I saw in passing greeted me with a smile and asked if we needed anything. Overall, Hampton Inn is a hotel that I would recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family