“Very Nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I would not hesitate to stay here again with family or alone. It was very well maintained and the staff was attentive and respectful. The breakfast was fresh, and they continued to replenish it as fast as they could even though there were football players staying in the hotel. I enjoyed the free lemonade in the afternoons that was available in the lobby. The whole experience was very satisfying and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here last February and although the hotel was pretty and the rooms nice there were a few issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully by now it has improved. First the hotel is VERY hard to find. There is a lot of construction going on that stretch of 290 and I passed by a few times and finally had to call hotel to get directions. My next gripe was with housekeeping. It took FOREVER to get our room ready after our first night's stay. I understand that there had been a big group that had left that morning but really, it was 4:00 pm and out room STILL wasn't ready. My other gripe was that we had requested extra towels for our room by leaving a hand written note and a nice tip. Once the room was finally ready, housekeeping had pocketed the money but there where no towels! I tracked down the maids in the hall requesting the towels and they pretended to not understand me saying that they only spoke Spanish. Luckily I speak Spanish as well so we got our extra towels. But really, shouldn't speaking English be one of the job requirements? What if it had been an emergency like an accident or a heart attack and could not communicate the urgency because I did not speak their language? So I am taking off points for this because even though this was a minor incident. It could have been much worse. I always try to tip and show kindness the housekeeping staff because their job is so strenuous, but even a rudimentary understanding of English should be mandatory. Since this was a romantic getaway with a special friend I did not want to make an issue over this incident. However, if I had been travelling alone, I would have handled it differently. But over all it was a nice stay and would recommend this hotel to other visitors. They have a good breakfast, nice comfortable beds and good concierge service. Hopefully the awful construction on HWY 290 has been cleared up by now.

Room Tip: If you need to request anything from Housekeeping, learn to speak Spanish!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank satorotas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was visiting for business in the Austin downtown area and the hotel description said minutes from downtown. The hotel is about 13 miles from downtown Austin and in Austin traffic 13 miles equals over 30 minutes of traffic. "Minutes from downtown" was a very inaccurrate description. Other than that, the hotel is in a quite location and very clean. Beds are super comfy too!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was not able to get the address on my GPS. Called and was given an alternate address, directions to the hotel and dining, and the offer of more help if I needed it. Warm welcome when I arrived. Felt like home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a great place to stay. We were attending a wedding near to the hotel. We were able to checkin early get dressed and arrive at the wedding on time. I needed a safety pin for my dress and scissors to finish wrapping our wedding gift. The staff were very accommodating and met our every demand. Highly recommend staying at Hampton!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was every bit as great as my first stay. Can't think of anything they could do to make my trip great ... except maybe bringing out more fresh breakfast food (it wa so good, the family in front of me ate all the good stuff and I had to wait 20 minutes for fresh food). That said, the staff was very atttentive and took great care of me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a little trouble finding the hotel at night due to construction, but once there, we were able to relax in our room with a king size bed and Jacuzzi. Had a nice two night stay enjoyed the Jacuzzi, fitness room, pool, and the hot breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple