“Amazing Customer Service!”

Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Ranked #13 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Amazing Customer Service!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, comfy beds, good wifi, and free breakfast. All of the staff was very kind, welcoming, and friendly. I want to particularly thank Muna, who went above and beyond. I was having a terrible day, my boyfriend called the hotel to try to do something nice for me. He got connected with Muna and she said she would take care of it. My boyfriend said she was so sincere and caring on the phone - asking what I like and how she could do something special for me. She put together a plate of cupcakes for me and it was in my room when I arrived back to the hotel. It was a pleasant surprise that put a smile on my face. Thank you, Muna! And thank you, Hyatt Place. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary S
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We will be sure to share your comments with Muna and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Austin, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed three nights at the Hyatt Place for business. It turned out to be a great location with friendly staff and easy to get in and out of without adding time to the work day. The rooms were quite "roomy" and modern and like new. I would definitely want to stay there again if I return to Austin for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Lisa A L, thank you for your wonderful comments and excellent rating. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin!

Safe Travels,
Frostburg, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for a business trip. A one minute walk to the convention center. Liked the little grocery store across the street where I could grab some hummus, chips and water for my hotel room. Staff very friendly and complimentary breakfast was very good. I like a healthy one, so oatmeal with granola, fresh chopped fruit and grapefruit sections! Only complaint is decor. Just too slick, mod, and cold for me. I like to feel cozy and homey. It was 240.00 per night, which I would not have been able to do on my own. The company paid for my stay, but if you don't blink at the price, you are very close to restaurants, shopping on Congress and visiting UT. I could walk everywhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you Jenna G for your excellent ratings and for sharing your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Austin and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best Regards,
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Hyatt Place is a great place to stay in Austin. It's proximity to both the bike/hike path along the river and the action on 6th street made it a great place for me. The staff was more than accommodating and went out of their way to be of assistance. The food in the Grab n Go Cafe was excellent for a meal on the go. The Hyatt Place does not have all of the amenities (i.e. restaurants, etc) of the larger Hyatt, but that was perfect for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

We are glad to know that the Hyatt Place was a 'perfect' fit for you and that you enjoyed our convenient location and accommodating staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for providing an excellent rating!

Albuquerque
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Really enjoyed the location and the modern furnishings of this hotel. The staff at the desk, the bartender Dave and the valets and bellmen were all very nice and helpful. Within walking distance of 6th street but even better was Rainey Street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Tanner W, thank you so much for your excellent review and 5 out of 5 rating! We will be sure to share your comments with Dave and the Valet Team as well, we appreciate you sharing this feedback.

Safe Travels,
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not only was the rate affordable, but the free breakfast, free wifi and comfortable, modern room made this a nice retreat. The only negative in my mind was the lack of a pool. I loved that this hotel was walking distance to 6th street as well as Lady Bird lake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annieb40
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and 5-out-of-5 review!! We agree, the free amenities of breakfast, WiFi and spacious rooms are the best. Next time you're staying with us, be sure to check out our indoor pool on the 6th floor-- it is next to our 24/7 StayFit center.
Safe Travels, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
College Station
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I plus several other friends stays at the Hyatt Place for a weekend in May 2014 while in town for a wedding. I was extremely pleased with the great modern up-scale feel of this decently priced hotel! The beds were very comfy and the noise of any other hotel guests, cars, etc was non existent.

This hotel has great customer service and friendly staff! When we arrived we had the main lobby desk employees welcome us to the hotel and quickly check us in. The bar wait staff also made great drinks and even recommendations! This hotel does only have an indoor pool which is odd being in Texas since it is always hot here. But we did not make use of the pool so it was not a big issue. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if traveling to downtown Austin!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ammcfarland
ammcfarland, thank you for your kind words and review! We will be sure to share your praise with our staff. Next time you're in Austin, you will always have a place to stay at the Hyatt Place.