“Hotel is awsome unless you have a car!”

Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Ranked #14 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Scottsdale
“Hotel is awsome unless you have a car!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Service inside hotel was great! Food was pretty good and hotel is well kept! Hotel staff is definitely trained to be customer service orientated! I've stayed at every kind of Hyatt and this had the best service inside! However, hotel valets have NO service training! You can tell they're definitely a different company! They claim it's because they park far away but I called down twice for the car. Both times my keys were not pulled. They give no "welcome back", don't approach the car when returning and they don't engage like the front desk does so well!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Chris C, we thank you for the comments and outstanding ratings! Please know that we will address your concerns with our Valet team. We appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and look forward to your next visit.

Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautiful hotel wonderful staff, great room with a even better view and privacy. I always use a gym and this one had a excellent one. I reserved the room a month in advance and payed in advance, good thing i did because every single hotel that night was full. Had a blast at the concert beautiful girls, great music, expensive drinks and to top it off we enjoyed the rest of the night in downtown Austin. Came to in the morning checked out, Starbucks in the lobby how much more do you need ?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
We thank you for the great review and are glad to hear you had a great time at concert! We look forward to your next visit to downtown Austin.

Richland, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Extremely impressed with the level of customer service & attentiveness during my 4-night stay. Room was spacious & included microwave & refrig, as well as l-shaped sofa. Breakfast buffet included a nice variety of eggs, pastries, cereals & healthy options. There was a well stocked & reasonably price bar. A room service menu also had a variety of food choices not priced to break your wallet. Central location to numerous points of interest & nightlife. Strongly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

We appreciate the strong recommendation for our hotel and its convenient location. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and reviews with the TripAdvisor community, we appreciate it!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A beautiful and unique hotel. For this price point I truly think that it is unbeatable! I have paid far more and been way less pleased with the accommodations! The hotel rooms are not only very functional but also very unique in design. The frosted sliding glass doors leading to the bathrooms were beautiful, tho maybe not as functional or practical as I would have liked since I was traveling and sharing my room with two friends. You could hear EVERYTHING!
The hotel is located so close to many wonderful restaurants and shops as well as being very near (easily walking distance) to the bars and such on 6th St.
The staff was absolutely wonderful to say the least and so incredibly professional! And the complimentary breakfast was probably the best I have ever had anywhere at any hotel!
This will be, from this point forward, without a doubt, my hotel of choice whenever I visit Austin! You CAN NOT go wrong!!!!!

Room Tip: As expected the higher rooms give the best view but try to get ones that face north or south for the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here in order to attend a concert at the Austin Music Hall, which was about a 7 minute walk up the street. For us, location was wonderful. It was very easy to access from the highway (we drove from Dallas) and easy to get around the city with GPS.

Valet parking here can be nightmarish...lots of long waits to park and leave keys as well as to retrieve the car when leaving. The valet stand had 3 or 4 staff working it, but it still wasn't enough.

Most of the hotel staff from the sidewalk to the check-in appeared to be college aged kids, and in fact most of the guests were too the weekend we were there. Finding ear plugs already provided on the bedside table had me fearing the worst, but we never needed them, which was a nice surprise!

The hotel is pretty big and because of that has an "every floor looks the same, and all guests blend together" feel to it. But that comes with a big chain hotel.

The room was clean, quiet and roomy enough for us. Could have used a bit more counterspace in the bathroom, but everything there was fine too.

Breakfast buffet was robust and good but hard to find a table both mornings we were there.

While this was a pretty generic hotel experience, we'd probably return if in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear you encountered delays with Valet service and please know that we are making efforts to limit the wait time. We thank you for your feedback.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. It was a good experience, and I plan stay here again the next time I come to Austin.

The (very) good: I was able to make my reservation the same day at an excellent rate. The location is super convenient to 6th St., the convention center and Zilker park. The staff--from the valet to the front desk--was super friendly. The design of the hotel was modern throughout. The hotel seems recently built--the rooms and furniture seemed new and not very worn. The rooms were a decent size. I especially appreciated that my standard room had a desk area as well as a comfortable couch area. Our room on the 15th floor faced I-35 in the distance, and the view was good. The elevator got us to the 15th floor quickly every time. The valet had asked me when I arrived when I planned to be leaving at check-out, and the next morning, my car was waiting curbside right on time.

Breakfast was included in my room rate, but I went out for all my meals, so I can't comment on it beyond sharing that other guests seemed happy with it, based on comments I heard in the elevator and lobby.

The (not so) bad: If I had any criticism of the hotel, it is that the walls seemed a tad thin. When I got back from 6th St. about 3 a.m. and settled down to sleep, I could hear the young couple in the next room at their, um, peak volume. It was not anywhere near loud enough to keep me from getting to sleep, my buddy who shared the room didn't even notice it, and had I gone to sleep at a reasonable hour, I would not have noticed it, either, but if you're hyper sensitive to noise like I am, you might want to mention that to the front desk when arriving so they can factor that in to your room selection.

Beyond that, if you have feather allergies, you might want to ask for an allergen-free room. I got the impression the pillows were down (I'm not 100% sure though).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Clean and comfy hotel. Spacious rooms. Minutes from downtown. Staff very friendly. Internet worked great. Nice business office. Morning breakfast was complimentary and was good. Far enough away you don't hear the music from 6th st. Lots of quality restaurants across the street from hotel. Also store located across the street in case you want beverages or snacks for the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo