“Downtown Austin Hyatt”

Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Ranked #9 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great place to stay and extremely courteous staff. Walking distance to 6th street and congress bridge for the bats. Would prefer to self park rather than valet. Great value overall. Staff offered us water during our visit in Aug, outside temp was 104. Glad to have the water.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We are so pleased to hear that you were well taken care of and that you enjoyed your time in Austin. Safe travels and we look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have never had a better hotel experience anywhere. Every single member of the staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We were always greeted enthusiastically and everyone made it a point to make sure our needs were being met at all times. After this visit, I will not even consider staying in another hotel while visiting downtown Austin. My thanks to all of the staff that were involved in our stay there. Well done!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and for the review. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to share them with the team.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice, new hotel with great location. Next to Vince Young Steakhouse and PF Changs. The rooms are good size with a separate bed/ sofa area (divider wall). Nice hot breakfast included in the morning. Warehouse District and 6th street are a few blocks walk (5 minutes). Right in the middle of everything. Only slight minus was $29 for valet parking, but, for downtown Austin, that's pretty standard.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek H

On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

What a nice surprise! Loved it! Staff was friendly. Hotel was sharply decorated. Room was spacious and super comfy beds. The bathroom in our room was very modern. Free breakfast was over the top! Really good food and coffee. Staff gave us some nice recommendations for good eats. Loved it!

Stayed: August 2014
Tyler A, Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel, led by one of the best staff we have run into. They are courteous, friendly and always asking how they can make the stay better. The concept of this hotel is great, the breakfast is fantastic and again the staff does a great job given how crazy it gets at breakfast time. Location is really good, easy walk to 6th street, restaurants and 5-10 minutes to watch the bats each evening. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown and for your excellent rating! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable beds, amazing service and top of the line work out facility. Only downside was two of my friends wanted to layout and the pool is inside. It's a new hotel and location is amazing! One of the best hyatts I've stayed at. Will definitely return!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have just today completed a 5 night stay at the Hyatt Place Downtown Austin. I was simply blown away compared to other offerings here and elsewhere. For a start, lets talk about service, generally its always nice to be referred to by your name on check in, it adds that degree of personalism, which I appreciated receiving when I first checked into this hotel. However, I wasn't expecting the staff member, Jasmine, to effortlessly continue to call my by name on each and every occasion for the rest of the stay. Since I am no-one, or nothing special I can only assume this is the norm. As for the food, breakfast, which is complementary, was good, rivaled that of many places which charge $30+ separately for it. The "snack" bar was extremely reasonable in price, and nice, and my $10 or so burger was great, and much nicer than something I ordered from Sheraton Downtown LA costing $20+ just a day before. Wifi is complimentary and its fast. My Hulu & Netflix accounts got a workout when the jetlag I initially suffered woke me each morning at 4.30am. The room was great, modern and well laid out. Previously, I had extensively stayed with the Hilton hotel in many places. Those hotels and their staff, and in particular the Hilton Downtown Austin, in my opinion are not in any way the same league as the Hyatt Place Austin, and its wonderful staff, and in particular the staff member Jasmine. I have now converted to Hyatt Place as a hotel of preference, and look forward to my next NIWeek, staying at the Hyatt Place, and in general to the next time I have a chance to stay with this chain of hotel. John Symonds, Melbourne, Australia.

Room Tip: The high rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John S

On behalf of the entire team here at the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for the outstanding review. We are very pleased to hear your were taken care of, especially by Jasmine, and we look forward to seeing you again next year for NI Week!

Best Regards,