“2nd year and getting better.”

Circuit of The Americas
Ranked #13 of 317 things to do in Austin
Dallas, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“2nd year and getting better.”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First I do have to agree with the lower ratings that in it's first year of operation things were very disorganized, especially the vendors. From what I understand all concessions were attended by volunteers which would explain the poor service. I attended both F1 and MotoGP. MotoGP had pretty good motorcycle parking.

In 2013 I attended F1 again and things were a lot better organized, especially parking. Traffic is still pretty heavy, but that's expected. I'll be heading back out for MotoGP in April 2014 & I'm sure things will continue to improve.

The track is pretty good for both of these events, and even general admission locations are pretty decent.

Pentwater, Michigan
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Felt like a wallet with legs”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We attended a few of the F1 races at Indy and surely miss that experience. Fan experience is a lot more pleasant at Indy.

Our grandstand seats at Turn 11W were very good - perfect view of Vettel's doughnuts & of the mishaps during the Ferrari support race. But, the screens show the TV feed, which means the standings are in a tiny box in the corner of the screen. Bring binoculars, or get the F1 app on your smartphone, for tracking the results for practice & qualifying.

However, having gone once, we won't be back to Austin. Parking for the weekend was over $200 to park in a grass field. Spent just under $200 a night for a Rodeway (and our innkeeper said to expect rates to go up to $400 a night for 2014). Plenty of porta-potties, but no water stations, so only hand sanitizer (or waste some your $4.50 bottled water) to clean up after lunch.

You can bring sealed bottles of water in with you, but can't bring a cooler. Lack of water is almost criminal when temps approach 90 degrees. Not much in the way of food choices close to turn 11 - need to walk to get some variety.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awecome event and track, but very expensive”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were there for the Formula 1 US Grand Prix. Which was awesome and we will be back next year.
As far as the facilities, there were no shortage of them. However, I will never do the park and ride again. They drop you at least 1/2 a mile from the track and that is a long walk to the track and back!
We did learn a lot while we were there and next year we WILL do it differently. We will buy our tickets as soon as they go on sale, both the tickets for the event and the parking tickets. I can't believe the only ticket left when I looked was $265 to park in parking lot #1, come on .. for 3 hours, which was how long we were there. I read in some reviews that drinks were over priced, I didn't think they were, no different than going to an NFL game or other major sporting event.
All in all it was a great day and beautiful weather WE WILL BE BACK!

1 Thank Msbrit
Austin, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Excellent venue”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Year two and this venue gets even better. The food selection for F1 was far greater than last year, more abundant and more healthy selections. Love that more local food vendors were in the mix. Great job on keeping the porta cans clean and stocked with paper. Can bring in all the unopened bottled water you can carry and it's a good thing since it was $4 per bottle to purchase. It's expensive to eat and drink but tailgating is possible if you have a close parking spot. Parking pass is pricey. Still need improvement on directing traffic entrance and exiting more effectively.

1 Thank tessabear2010
Mexico City, Mexico
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“very exciting seen Formula 1 GP”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I should say that we did everything 3 months in advance, getting a good price for flight, hotel, rent a car and tickets for parking and seat at the Circuit. Turn 11 is a great place to be seated.

Parking price was very high. We paid US$ 100 for just 3 hours. I want to warn you that everything is overpriced. 4 dollar for a small bottle of water, T- SHIRTs Us $ 70.00 and so on.

What is good is seeing F1 pilots driving their cars. Still is a little bit confusing getting to the Circuit, If you come from San Antonio via I-35 there are no signs where to detour.

I hope I will be there again next year.