“Great Tex Mex and Chips”
Review of Lupe Tortilla

Lupe Tortilla
Ranked #287 of 3,736 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Austin, Texas
“Great Tex Mex and Chips”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We moved from Houston to Austin and one of the restaurants we miss is Lupe Tortilla. But, no more! Lupe Tortilla is now in two locations in Austin and we ate at the Capital of Texas location for lunch today. As always, the chips are great as is the food. True Tex Mex with excellent service. The manager even tries to meet each customer to check on quality and service. Our waitress was great and brought us "to go" drinks without asking. Great location as well tucked in just south of Bee Cave Rd. on 360. You will like it and the secret is out (it was packed). To Go is available and several parking slots are reserved for that (we have not tried that).

• Visited July 2013

Leander, Texas
“No Better for Cinco de Mayo”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My girl friend and I were specifically looking for somewhere to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with music entertainment and some sense of reasonably good food, when she came across information about the exact thing we were looking for here. Neither of us had ever been here before, so had no idea what to expect. So, as we arrived there were some surprises: 1) a full parking lot, with a car pulling out right in front just as we arrived; 2) warning tape across all areas surrounding the restaurant where access might be possible but was now restricted (strange for the moment); 3) a channeled entrance past a very prominent police presence, leading to the sign in counter where we could purchase a buffet (all you can eat) ticket allowing access to the patio where tables were set close to the bands providing the entertainment; 4) what appeared to be half sized drinks for full price, adding to the cost of the experience, but worth the disappointment; and 5) a variety of bands, each with a very special character and music spectrum offering, first a country/western group that was just what I love the most, followed by an eclectic mix of characters of many nationalities and talents and instruments that transcended anything I had ever seen before, but presented what we had hoped for, exciting, celebrative true Mexican music that put an exclamation point on the entire experience we sought. All in all, the buffet was excellent for what it was, but the dining experience was just okay, acceptable, but not special. I would have preferred real sized drinks for the price, but given the quality and extent of the entertainment, I came away pleased, as did my girl friend. It is my hope that this event will now become the standard for each year and I can look forward to attending again. The security precautions seemed to be an overkill at first, but I could imagine people sneaking through the grounds to gain entry without paying, just because of the entertainment value, so in retrospect I agree that it was probably necessary. We had a great time and even enjoyed what little we saw of the staff as they spent a lot of time rushing around trying to overcome little hiccups in the supply chain.

• Visited May 2013
Wimberley, Texas
“Exceptional Tortillas, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My daughter and I went to the Lupe Tortilla at 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy in Austin yesterday and shared the chicken and steak fajita lunch specials. We liked both so much, we couldn't decide which we liked better, which is really rare. We're real fajita lovers and have noticed that at most Mexican food restaurants, one or the other, chicken or beef, is far better than the other, but at Lupe Tortilla, we thought they were both exceptional! And the service was just great, too.

• Visited April 2013
Crossett
“The fajitas really sizzle here”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a great family location and has a twist on Tex-Mex. It was our first visit and they brought delicious samples so we could make our choices. The ribs are unexpected for Tex-Mex but delicious....you can literally hear the fajitas sizzling all over the restaurant. Great salsa and chips...don't eat too many before the main course. Portions are generous. The servers are efficient, caring and friendly. A place to go again and again....just know that others think so too. You may have to wait for this declious Tex-Mex food.

• Visited March 2013
Weddington, North Carolina
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Blood orange margaritas and beef fajitas amazing!!!! I have never had fajitas this good ever!!! You just have to try!!! Oh and if you fall in love they ship!!! ;)

Been to Lupe Tortilla? Share your experiences!