“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This property was recently renovated and the interior is very nice. The bathroom is nothing to brag about, but clean. I know this area is a little dodgy and was skeptical but there are cameras that show every area and it was safe and very quiet. A great value for the money! Next summer when I come from Kuwait I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this trip due to the reviews from this website. When I got the the motel, I was a little skeptical, the motel doesn't look like much from the outside. However, after meeting Jay and going to my room, all of this was forgotten. The room was fantastic. You can tell it's been remodeled, new paint, fixtures, even the bed looked (and felt) brand new. Jay followed up on how my room was about 15 minutes after I got settled and he was always available to help at a moment's notice.
Even though this motel was surrounded by other name-brand hotels (Marriott, Comfort Suites, etc.) I would definitely choose this motel again over those others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Quincy, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed at Rodeway Inn off 290 for two night in July. We had a lot of bags and requested a bottom floor because of this. Jay, the manager, stated that the bottom floor carpets were getting cleaned so we would have to stay on the top floor. However, he offered to help carry our bags up. With the help of one of his employees, they carried all of our bags up the traits and into our rooms. It felt like we were at the Hilton, except he did not let us tip him. To top it off, the rooms were newly remodeled and beautifully done. Jay even called after our stay to check how our stay was and encourage us to stay with them again next time. I will be a loyal customer now since I feel valued. Thanks Jay!

• Stayed July 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I must admit, when I first read the reviews on here, I was a bit skeptical--I didn't think it was possible that a motel charging just $60 a night could be comfortable, clean, and safe. I usually like to stay at hotels with rooms ranging from about $100-$160 per night, just based on the level of cleanliness and the amenities I like. However, I decided to take a chance based on the tripadvisor reviews of this motel. When we arrived at Rodeway Inn, I was immediately put at ease. The motel is newly renovated and very clean. The decorations are very nice. Once inside the room, it easily felt like hotels I've stayed in for upwards of $150 a night. Our room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The reviews about Jay are true as well--he will take care of you. Jay takes great pride in his job and deserves all the praise he gets on here. In fact, this is the first time I have every written a tripadvisor review. We asked him about restaurant recommendations and for some suggestions on interesting places to go and see while in Austin. He gave very thorough suggestions and was always available for help. Truly, you would think you were staying at the Ritz with the level of service he provides. He truly goes above and beyond. Also, as a side note--the small Mexican restaurant attached to the property has some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. The fajitas rancheros was to die for. Seriously, had the best stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. Because the motel has an open layout and outside halls, people milli...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The general manager, Jay, was accommodating and welcoming. The other staff members were also very helpful. They truly made the stay a pleasurable experience. The recent renovations to the interior were beautiful, as well. We will be sure to visit here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for my birthday celebration. This hotel was extremely clean and nicely renovated. Jay was truly awesome which made our stay very pleasant. My next visit to Austin, I will definitely come back to this hotel again. The beds were soooo comfortable and the nightly rate was reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and found it the best value in Austin. Newly remodeled and very clean. The beds are great and so are the pillows. There is a Mexican restaurant attached. Most breakfast plates are $3.95 and the portions are Hugh. I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple