“Outstanding Value”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #139 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a newly renovated property. This wasn't just a slap some paint on the walls renovation, it was a top to bottom renovation. The beds were Hampton quality beds. Furniture was comfortable. Mini fridge was plenty cold. Jay (the man always at the front desk) was extremely friendly, helpful, and open to constructive criticism. He wanted to know if there were any problems or if I had any suggestions for improvement. When I told him my daughter was disappointed that she could not take a bath and had to take a shower he shared that new tubs/showers were next on the list of renovations. I wish I had extended my stay in Austin and day tripped to see the sights in San Antonio. The next time I return to the area I may do just that. I did have difficulty locating the property as my GPS does not recognize it. It did, however, recognize the Mexican restaurant adjacent to the property (Los Jaliscienses), so I saved that location so I could find the hotel easily during the rest of my stay. I will most definitely stay here again if I return to Austin.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Was in town for a wedding and stayed here for 2 nights. They delivered all the good things that I had read from all the other reviewers. I could have spent double the money and was glad I didn't. Room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had all the basics I needed: great bed, tv, fast free WiFi, iron, and coffee.
I'm glad I didn't book with other hotels I had checked out on line because for the price ( I drove around and walked into a few of them) they were no big deal. I travel all over the world and am used to both ends of the spectrum. This hotel was solid, straight forward, and great for the price!
During the day, Jay was very helpful with anything I needed, and at night Brian was also helpful to find a place to eat at the wee hours. The staff was courteous and friendly and went above and beyond.
The pool was clean and the grounds were well maintained.
I would highly recommend this hotel. I would stay here again.
P.S. Getting in and out wasn't that hard at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place was difficult to find since my GPS did not recognize the address and the front desk did not give me adequate directions. Thankfully my son was able to navigate me using an I Phone. The nonsmoking room smelled of smoke and the shower did not work properly. I did get a good night of sleep here. However the next day when I went to get coffee in the front office, the coffee maker was broken.

3  Thank Marc I
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This property was recently renovated and the interior is very nice. The bathroom is nothing to brag about, but clean. I know this area is a little dodgy and was skeptical but there are cameras that show every area and it was safe and very quiet. A great value for the money! Next summer when I come from Kuwait I will likely stay here again.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this trip due to the reviews from this website. When I got the the motel, I was a little skeptical, the motel doesn't look like much from the outside. However, after meeting Jay and going to my room, all of this was forgotten. The room was fantastic. You can tell it's been remodeled, new paint, fixtures, even the bed looked (and felt) brand new. Jay followed up on how my room was about 15 minutes after I got settled and he was always available to help at a moment's notice.
Even though this motel was surrounded by other name-brand hotels (Marriott, Comfort Suites, etc.) I would definitely choose this motel again over those others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed at Rodeway Inn off 290 for two night in July. We had a lot of bags and requested a bottom floor because of this. Jay, the manager, stated that the bottom floor carpets were getting cleaned so we would have to stay on the top floor. However, he offered to help carry our bags up. With the help of one of his employees, they carried all of our bags up the traits and into our rooms. It felt like we were at the Hilton, except he did not let us tip him. To top it off, the rooms were newly remodeled and beautifully done. Jay even called after our stay to check how our stay was and encourage us to stay with them again next time. I will be a loyal customer now since I feel valued. Thanks Jay!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I must admit, when I first read the reviews on here, I was a bit skeptical--I didn't think it was possible that a motel charging just $60 a night could be comfortable, clean, and safe. I usually like to stay at hotels with rooms ranging from about $100-$160 per night, just based on the level of cleanliness and the amenities I like. However, I decided to take a chance based on the tripadvisor reviews of this motel. When we arrived at Rodeway Inn, I was immediately put at ease. The motel is newly renovated and very clean. The decorations are very nice. Once inside the room, it easily felt like hotels I've stayed in for upwards of $150 a night. Our room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The reviews about Jay are true as well--he will take care of you. Jay takes great pride in his job and deserves all the praise he gets on here. In fact, this is the first time I have every written a tripadvisor review. We asked him about restaurant recommendations and for some suggestions on interesting places to go and see while in Austin. He gave very thorough suggestions and was always available for help. Truly, you would think you were staying at the Ritz with the level of service he provides. He truly goes above and beyond. Also, as a side note--the small Mexican restaurant attached to the property has some of the best Mexican food I've ever had in my life. The fajitas rancheros was to die for. Seriously, had the best stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor. Because the motel has an open layout and outside halls, people milli...