“Great value!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Austin
“Great value!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by our room since the price was so great. Only one issue we had was diffuculty with finding it with our GPS, but we called the hotel and they helped us out. We used the pool only once but it was nice and refreshing. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Like everyone else has said, rooms are really decent for such a low price. Baths are pretty small but showers worked well. Room itself was pretty good size. I recently stayed at a Hyatt for 5 times the amount I paid here and the rooms were not any bigger and the beds not any more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Our first room had a terrible smell coming from the bath area. They were very nice and moved us no question. The second room was clean but I still didn't want my toddler touching too much. The fabric on the furniture was stained and the facility is just really old. I don't think I'd return, rather I'll just spend $20 more and stay somewhere newer and cleaner! Staff was very, very nice!!!

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights for two reasons...It was close to my daughter's home and the reviews. It is an older building, however the rooms have all been redone. I was not disappointed at all. It is a non-smoking Inn, very clean, larger pool and despite being on the highway, VERY quiet. Jay, the owner, checked me in, showed me my room and offered to carry my bags up to my room. Whenever I saw him over the next two days, he was always busy and always had a smile, wonderful attitude and asked if I needed anything. Rooms are average size, but the beds are WONDERFUL!!!!! Will stay here again my next trip to Austin to see my daughter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the time I called to make a reservation to the point of check out, the service was phenomenal. Jay was the friendliest person I have ever associated with at a hotel before. Even when I checked in at 11:15 PM, he was still willing to go above and beyond for me. I would recommend this hotel always, especially considering the value. The rooms are underrated, they're just as good as any 4 star hotel. Overall, it was a magnificent stay filled with incredible service.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Newlyweds on our honeymoon! We saw the reviews, thought it was a good value, and stopped. The room was very nice, and there is something special about a place with not only a built in pool, but awesome Mexican food as well with Los Jaliscenses in front. The owner Jay was incredibly nice, and I'd recommend this place a million times!

Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My 80 yr. old mother and myself traveled from Sayre, Pennsylvania to the Gulf Coast, our home town. We got lost and had to find lodging for the night, and by God's grace he led us to the Rodeway Inn on US 290 East in Austin, TX. Everything about the hotel was appealing, immaculate, quite, cool, clean pool, everything and more than what we were needing!

BUT, the MOST important thing I can say, I can only pray that my words do him justice (still brings tears to my eyes, and hope for humanity. That person was JAY!! He went above and beyond the call of his profession!! After our first night stay we headed to the Airport, however I missed our flight by two minutes, due to the fact I have NO sense of direction, had to return rental car and my elderly mother is barely able to get to a wheel chair. Needless to say I was almost hysterical, at my wits end, knowing all the surrounding Hotels would be extremely expensive!

Then I received a follow-up call/message from JAY, he asked if he could be of further assistance, he turned out to be a prayer answered! He suggested the cheapest form of transportation (shuttle) and asked if we wanted to return to the same hotel, "I was speechless, I answered yes please, but told him my brain was mush, I was elated not to spend night in an Airport, earliest flight not leaving until next day at 1PM." He answered, don't worry I'll make some calls, and call you back. He was honest, sincere and never frustrated with me.

What made JAY so special in my 57 yr. old heart was that I had never bothered to mention to him that I have multiple sclerosis, after traumatic airport news, my voice was slurring, my legs were weak, and worst of all I had brain fog. He did what I'm sure he does for all his customers, helped in everyway he could and not even knowing I could have ended up in the hospital! When we got back to hotel I took a long restful swim in the clean pool, he had found the closest room possible. My mother and I got the most restful sleep, I felt like I was at home and my own son had made sure I was safe.

The Hotel was very nice and I have stayed at the Marriott and other so called finer establishments, but they don't have JAY! It is my prayer that anyone who reads this realizes how few awesome managers/employees can be found that even want to work. JAY would be an asset and highly increased revenue for any Marriot, Hiltons, Sheltons!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family