“So glad I trusted trip advisor on the positive reviews!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #139 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We checked in on sat afternoon but our room wasn't ready, long story short we had to wait and were becoming impatient because we were tired from the drive. Jay apologized and quickly got us in a different room which I think was an upgrade because we ended up with a room with a pull out couch as well as the king bed microwave and mini fridge. The first thing we did was take a dip. The pool was clean and the water was warm. There are even palm trees. Not long after we decided to eat at the on site Mexican rest because the smells coming from that place are incredible. The only issue we had was the night before check out the TV froze for a few hours but was back on in time to catch the rangers game. This place was extremely affordable with four days and three nights costing under $200. The bed was soo comfy with all its pillows and the shower had six speeds with great pressure. Two sets of curtains keep the room nice n dark. We were able to park right in front of our door and downtown was less than ten min drive. I walked barefoot in the room and my feet stayed clean. Haha! What more could you want!

1  Thank localaura_1984

Reviewed 26 August 2013

You get a lot for your money here. Comfortable, good size rooms., very friendly staff. Bathrooms are a little on the small side, but I no complaints about this hotel, would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by our room since the price was so great. Only one issue we had was diffuculty with finding it with our GPS, but we called the hotel and they helped us out. We used the pool only once but it was nice and refreshing. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Like everyone else has said, rooms are really decent for such a low price. Baths are pretty small but showers worked well. Room itself was pretty good size. I recently stayed at a Hyatt for 5 times the amount I paid here and the rooms were not any bigger and the beds not any more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Our first room had a terrible smell coming from the bath area. They were very nice and moved us no question. The second room was clean but I still didn't want my toddler touching too much. The fabric on the furniture was stained and the facility is just really old. I don't think I'd return, rather I'll just spend $20 more and stay somewhere newer and cleaner! Staff was very, very nice!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights for two reasons...It was close to my daughter's home and the reviews. It is an older building, however the rooms have all been redone. I was not disappointed at all. It is a non-smoking Inn, very clean, larger pool and despite being on the highway, VERY quiet. Jay, the owner, checked me in, showed me my room and offered to carry my bags up to my room. Whenever I saw him over the next two days, he was always busy and always had a smile, wonderful attitude and asked if I needed anything. Rooms are average size, but the beds are WONDERFUL!!!!! Will stay here again my next trip to Austin to see my daughter.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the time I called to make a reservation to the point of check out, the service was phenomenal. Jay was the friendliest person I have ever associated with at a hotel before. Even when I checked in at 11:15 PM, he was still willing to go above and beyond for me. I would recommend this hotel always, especially considering the value. The rooms are underrated, they're just as good as any 4 star hotel. Overall, it was a magnificent stay filled with incredible service.

• Stayed: July 2013