“Great Price Awesome Customer Service”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #139 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I chose this hotel due to the high rating for a budge motel. Was still skeptical because the price was inexpensive. Glad I read the advice about the exterior and first impressions. If I was skeptical before, driving up made it worse. But, before you judge, drive around the back, park and meet Jay, the Rodeway Inn Manager. He really takes a personal approach to welcome you and tend to your needs. Have NEVER received this from a budget hotel. The rooms are very nice, clean and super beds. Microwave, fridge, coffee machine and wifi. Wifi was fast!
I did have one hiccup with my TV's cable. Within minutes, it was taken care of! I was offered another room, luggage carried and offered to cover my dinner for re-locating. Wow!
Location is great if you drive (easy on and off freeway) but not if you want to walk anywhere. Colleagues stayed at the nearby Omni, paying much more, and had MANY complaints. I had none!

Room Tip: First floor if you have a lot of luggage....didn't see an elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This Rodeway is much nicer than your average motel and met our needs well during ACL weekend.

The rooms are recently refurbished and quite nice. New beds. Nice decor. New TV. Our room had a fridge and microwave as well.

Bathroom was very small. And window unit style AC was noisy. The exterior of the building isn't as nice. The outside hallways have very worn carpet.

The hotel is very conveniently located next to the Interstate and surprisingly not noisy. But the neighborhood felt a bit dodgy.

Overall at this price it can't be beat.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was very reasonably priced. From outside, it does not look as nice as the room inside and the service from Front Desk, Mr. Jay who is very courtesy. The lobby inside is decorated with modern style as well as the room. When I open the door room, it is as nice as 4 or 5 star type of hotels and very well decorated and tasteful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

You can believe the reviews praising this motel. I was skeptical because I have had some unpleasant experiences with the "economy" chains. I put trust in the reviews on this site and booked here. Good location, very nice and comfortable rooms, and outstanding service. The other reviewers have pretty much summed up the positives here and mentioned a few negatives: small bathrooms, limited continental breakfast, older exterior. But for me, this place was a real bargain which far outweighed those concerns. We have stayed in six other motels during this trip and none match the service and most were not superior in furnishings even though they cost much more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Landon B
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was on a road trip when I decided to stay at this hotel as per my friend’s recommendation. It made me feel like I was at my own home, for the arrangements and the facilities are well maintained and very much accessible. The room was air conditioned and there was a TV cable service which kept me busy for hours. The local calls were free but I was unable to avail that facility, sadly. There were coffee and tea makers along with irons, microwaves, hair dryers and lastly but perhaps most importantly, free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jody_L8
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The reviews are correct -- this recently renovated motel offers very nice rooms at a great price. Value for money, I suspect it's the best place to stay in Austin.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5-stars is that it still is only a basic old-time-but-nicely-renovated motel. This isn't a fancy place, so know what you're getting into. And the free breakfast, which they don't even advertise, is only cereal and packaged muffins. That said, if I just wanted a room for the night fairly close to downtown Austin, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave's_reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for two nights, and will definitely choose it again for our next trip into Austin. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable; the bed like a cloud. But the best thing about the Rodeway was the excellent service. Jay, the owner, was very friendly and ready to help. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends