“Very nice rooms...”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #139 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and I am very glad I did. I was completely satisfied with the room and the friendliness of the staff. Even thought the hotel is right by the freeway and my room was on the freeway side, the noise from the road was minimal. I stayed there for 5 nights and was a very comfortable stay.

The outside of the building needs a little work but don't be discouraged by the outside appearance. The rooms (or at least the one I stayed at) looked like just recently repainted, re-carpeted and with new furniture.

I saw some reviews commenting about the area where the hotel is but I never felt unsafe while staying there. It was all very quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Luis S

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was staying in Austin for one night only, and all the trendy, more expensive hotels downtown were fully booked, due to the Austin Film Festival. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay that was not grotty. I was so pleasantly surprised with the Rodeway Inn! Granted, its location lacks charm, as it is very close to the highway, but I was in no way bothered by noise. As a matter of fact, my room was absolutely silent! I slept very well. I really appreciated Jay, who was super friendly and accommodating when I arrived a bit early. He made sure I parked right in front of my ground floor room, which was convenient, given my heavy suitcase. Little gestures that mean a lot. The room was spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable and the price was right. If you are looking for value and willing to sacrifice location, this is a good choice for you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TrixieRacer
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My boyfriend picked this hotel for our one year anniversary. I was completely suprised with the accomodations. The room was comparable to a 4 star hotel. If you look at the pictures, you can see that Jay and his staff went out of their way to make our anniversary very memorable. Thank you Jay your the best. Everything was perfect. We will be staying here again on our next trip to Austin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I don't think I had ever stayed at a Rodeway Inn, this was a great experience! We were welcomed by Jay and he upgraded us to a king suite which was very nice. The room was very large, newly upgraded, it was done very well. Jay provided a map of Austin, it was huge! He also called to make sure everything in our room was acceptable. The hotel is easily accessable from the interstate and there are a number of restaurants in the area. Target is right around the corner. I agree with the other reviews and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Prior to our visit we read all the Tripadvisor accolades/reviews. How could we go wrong?They were "right on". What a freakin deal!! The gen.mgr. Jay has really taken charge only hiring the best service oriented people. After checking into our (newly updated) room the clerk "Kash" called us to see if all was well and even brought up a huge free map of Austin. The room was very nice as the photos show with: refig,micro,desk tile/granite bath,pillow top king bed,flat screen TV. Yes we were impressed to say the least. See the pics of the motel int./ext. on the Choice Hotel website. Free breakfast is incl. and as an option the little Mex restaurant (adjacent) makes the best pancakes, omelets, & mex style scrambled eggs anywhere. Our Rm.# 205 was very quiet and safe. We were there 2-wks and got to know Jay and all his superb staff. Another plus was we did't need a car because the #37 Cap-Metro bus was only 7-8 min. away walking thru 3 well lit parking lots. We really enjoyed that little motel and Austin. Special thanks to "Erin" the morning clerk who is working on his masters at UT. He is A-plus. The location is easy to find right off I-35. What more could you ask for?? Book early because its a small motel and Austin is very busy with many festivals, ballgames,music venues and so much going on. Enjoy Austin. Cheers, J.D.W. .

Room Tip: TIP: We liked the second floor rooms next to the extra quiet fire wall. All rooms open into the par...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jcityannie
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I’s experience at the Rodeway Inn was nothing short of excellent, and it shouldn’t have been. To make a long story short, plans fell through and mistakes were made that almost made our vacation a nightmare; but thanks to the staff at the Rodeway Inn, we had an unforgettable time in Austin. It’s safe to say that Jay (manager) and his staff had the best customer service ethic I've ever experienced at any business, anywhere; it seems like they'd do just about anything to make our time more relaxing. For instance, when our flight arrived hours earlier than expected, Jay got us a room before check in time (and it was a king suite)! When cabs failed to show up, Jay had a hotel employee give us a ride. We didn't have a computer to print out information we needed, Jay let us use the computer behind the front desk. These are just a few problems we encountered that Jay invited to solve for us. It was a great feeling knowing you had someone on your side in a foreign location.

Aside from great customer service, the hotel quality, comfort, and aesthetic design is superb; you can tell they have been adamantly investing money and thought into these finer details of your stay. One of the smartest policies they have is not renting rooms to locals, ensuring druggies, weirdoes, and late night “bedrockers” don’t put a damper on your stay. The interior design scheme is luxurious; painted walls, flat screen t.v.s, giant pillowtop mattresses, granite countertops, etc. No stone seems to have been unturned when it comes to ensuring your stay is beyond satisfactory.

Room Tip: If you want a better room, ask the staff about upgrading to a king suite; it was very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drake G
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A great hotel if you are on a roadtrip through Texas. Rooms were exceptional for the price, spacious and with big comfortable beds. We were travelling with another couple and the room was definately big enough for 4 adults without feeling cramped. The manager Jay was very obliging with helping organise our time in Austin and supplied a tasty breakfast which was included in the low cost. A great location for us as we were heading out hiking the following day and were able to easily stock up on food and gear from the supermarket complex close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends