“Very nice and comfortable room”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #132 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We are glad we booked this hotel. Very nicely decorated room with big bed, fridge, microwave, very effective heater AC. Room was overall clean and very comfortable. Free parking is available. Breakfast is very basic, just coffee, corn flakes, muffins and bananas. Very comfortable distance from Austin downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Huge bed. Great welcome, very clean. The noise was minimal, which I was really surprised by due to its proximity to the freeway. We were only there for 1 night but would have gladly stayed for longer. The staff were really helpful. If only all the chain hotels could be like this.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The room we stayed in was completely renovated and decorated in a tasteful way with modern furniture and a quiet ac/heating system which actually worked well (not like some others I experienced at other places). The doors have new safety locks which come with a chip keycard.
The location is very convenient with an easy on/off to highway #290, but the windows are noise-proof, so you hardly hear the traffic from the nearby highway.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and actually cared how our stay was and if we were missing anything.
Only the breakfast did not exceed my expectations since the choices were limited, but the quality was good. Overall: this hotel was a very pleasant surprise and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Topbernina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on the reviews and I am very glad I did. I was completely satisfied with the room and the friendliness of the staff. Even thought the hotel is right by the freeway and my room was on the freeway side, the noise from the road was minimal. I stayed there for 5 nights and was a very comfortable stay.

The outside of the building needs a little work but don't be discouraged by the outside appearance. The rooms (or at least the one I stayed at) looked like just recently repainted, re-carpeted and with new furniture.

I saw some reviews commenting about the area where the hotel is but I never felt unsafe while staying there. It was all very quiet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Luis S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was staying in Austin for one night only, and all the trendy, more expensive hotels downtown were fully booked, due to the Austin Film Festival. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay that was not grotty. I was so pleasantly surprised with the Rodeway Inn! Granted, its location lacks charm, as it is very close to the highway, but I was in no way bothered by noise. As a matter of fact, my room was absolutely silent! I slept very well. I really appreciated Jay, who was super friendly and accommodating when I arrived a bit early. He made sure I parked right in front of my ground floor room, which was convenient, given my heavy suitcase. Little gestures that mean a lot. The room was spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable and the price was right. If you are looking for value and willing to sacrifice location, this is a good choice for you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TrixieRacer
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My boyfriend picked this hotel for our one year anniversary. I was completely suprised with the accomodations. The room was comparable to a 4 star hotel. If you look at the pictures, you can see that Jay and his staff went out of their way to make our anniversary very memorable. Thank you Jay your the best. Everything was perfect. We will be staying here again on our next trip to Austin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I don't think I had ever stayed at a Rodeway Inn, this was a great experience! We were welcomed by Jay and he upgraded us to a king suite which was very nice. The room was very large, newly upgraded, it was done very well. Jay provided a map of Austin, it was huge! He also called to make sure everything in our room was acceptable. The hotel is easily accessable from the interstate and there are a number of restaurants in the area. Target is right around the corner. I agree with the other reviews and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple