“The reviews are true”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown North
Ranked #138 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited Austin to scope out possibly moving there and after driving down from Iowa for 16 hours straight, we were met by hospitable stay. They allowed us to check in two hours early (much needed and provided us the opportunity to nap before hitting up the city) and also were there for us numerous times throughout our stay. The exterior is a little out dated, but the interior on all parts of the place is freshly updated. It has no hallways so at first it felt unsafe, but looking back upon updated apartments and town homes gave a confidence in that we chose the right place. Cheap and nice. Best place to stay for the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was expecting more and I feel a little let down. However, it's still very good for the low rate I paid. This hotel is located directly on the frontage road of hwy 290 a few miles north of downtown. The outside of the building is your typical older hotel design with recent paint. You can park right outside your room and you walk directly into your room from the parking lot. The room has a bit of a musky smell that you might expect in an old motel. I only noticed it for a minute as soon as I open the door. The furniture is more modern and what you would find in newer hotels. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioner was cold. The bathroom is small but updated. Fresh paint on all the walls. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They have basic cold breakfast in the office... no meat. I would stay here again when I need to travel on a budget.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. The parking area was a little dark and glooming at night. The rooms were clean and spacious with very comfortable beds. The pool was very clean, but needed work, tile was missing and there were chunks at the bottom of the pool. Other than that it was a hell of a bargain.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked our one-night stay here based on all those previous Tripadvisor favorable reviews. I really really wanted to give it a better rating...but found it difficult.....Where do I begin? When I approached the front desk on check-in day, the front desk receptionist was obviously too 'busy' and preoccupied with her personal phone call. When she found out that I wasn't going away, she said into the phone, 'oh, I gotta go, there are people here.' ...this was after I stood there for a good 5 min.....I requested in my online reservation for a non-smoking room; got a room marked as 'non-smoking' but was so heavy with smoke that I wonder if a smoker had been there for weeks and just recently moved out. ok, got an apology and moved upstairs....not sure when the last time room was occupied, as it was dusty: on the most obvious places like the alarm clock. there was even a candy wrapping left in the ice bucket for extra touch. Yes, room rate was low...but I would go back only if I must.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MK330
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our family booked a stay at the Rodeway Inn & Suites downtown. We were very pleased with the rooms. They we're very clean and the decor was awesome. Even though it is on the highway, our rooms were very quiet and peaceful. We had 3 rooms and everyone was pleased with their accommodations and the price was great! The outside is not fancy but they keep it clean and since we wanted to spend our money on things besides a room we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judyj55
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I chose this place based on reviews from fellow TripAdvisor's. I was not unhappy with my choice. Keeping in mind this is a budget hotel. However, the breakfast options were more than limited. They had pastries a cereal, which is good. But, unfortunately getting coffee was a major issue. The main bet was out of order, but the replacement mini brewer just couldn't keep up with the high demand. So that was a slight disappointment, but they were trying! The containers for the milk need real cleaning. As well as the pool. But that is the extent of the downside. The rooms were clean and very quiet. The bike rally was intown, but it was not difficult to keep sound sleep. Some where staying at the hotel and unless you were thin admiring bikes the next morning yen wouldn't know they were there! This place is close enough to downtown without the crowds and noise. I had the pleasure of speaking with the new manager, Elise, upon my checkout. She was a delight to talk to and was just one more I want to move reason to Austin meeting down to earth honest people. She has great plans for this place stay and will most likely on our future visits!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I booked a room in the Rodeway Inn @ 6201 E. Hwy. 290 in Austin, Texas and were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable with a fluffy duvet cover, very clean, flat screen TV, nice bathroom with a granite top vanity. The AC worked great and there was no problem parking. We very much liked the warm reception we received from Jay, the manager. We will stay there again if we go back to Austin and most definitely can recommend it. The room rate was also very reasonable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in a corner room, just up the stairs on the right. No noise. We di...