“Best tacos in Austin”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Austin, Texas
“Best tacos in Austin”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Torchy's is not your typical taco restaurant. My favorite is the fried avocado (unfried). It has avocado, vegetarian refried beans, pico, lettuce and cheese. You can get it on a flour or corn tortilla.They will customize your order. My next favorite is the Democrat. It is shredded beef barbocoa with avocado, and queso fresco. The sauces that come with your taco are delicious. You will not find your ground beef tex mex taco here. This restaurant is gluten free friendly.
They also serve Maine Root sodas which are the best.
Most people who visit us from out of town want to eat here first. Be warned, many people feel the same way and there can be some long lines. That is part of Austin.

• Visited May 2014

Victoria, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice spot with good tacos and dips”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I saw this place on Trip Advisor while staying in Austin for a few days, so we decided to check it out. Got the Republican, the Grande Burrito, and the Green Chile Queso. The taco and burrito were good, but it was the Green Chile Queso that really stood out frm others. Best I've had! Wish they had one in Victoria.

Athens, Georgia
“Really special!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We went to torchy's on 1st street on our recent visit to Austin. I got the Republican, and my husband got the pork with green chili. Both were great, but the pork was really special. The salsa was great too.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
“Spectacular way to take in the ambiance of “Keep Austin Weird””
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spectacular way to take in the ambiance of “Keep Austin Weird” although there was not a thing weird about it but they carry on the Austin tradition anyhow. The food was great and the way it was presented even better.

I’m not talking white table cloths and fine china…food in a basket the begs you to eat what you ordered and sample what your friend ordered as well because it all looks so good. I had the shrimp taco- shrimp was tender and crispy on the outside along with refried black beans and chips and salsa.

But believe me it was a hard choice because the menu was full of great traditional taco and burrito choices. Price is about $8-12 person.

One more thing if you order a fountain drink you will be quite surprised by the choices…don’t look for the Coke or Pepsi that all I’m saying.

• Visited May 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“Every time I'm in Austin...”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Everything is good here, but the breakfast tacos are my favorite! Every time I visit my son in Austin, Torchy's is the first place on the list I want to go and Austin has some great eats!!!! So many things are really good here it's hard to decide, and the specials are usually awesome!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank k5acook

Been to Torchy's Tacos? Share your experiences!